Main Menu

Has someone finally melted Judge Dredd's stony heart?

Started by Molch-R, 29 October, 2012, 02:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

I'd be amazed if it was me. Given I'm about as good at drawing as cheese is at impersonating Annie Lennox. Also I would have expected me to mention it to myself at some point.

Richmond Clements

Is it by the guy Mark who works at my local indie coffee shop?
Not sure if he can actually draw, but I'm going on the 'person you least suspect' principle here...

Trout

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 30 October, 2012, 01:55:30 PM
Is it by the guy Mark who works at my local indie coffee shop?
Not sure if he can actually draw, but I'm going on the 'person you least suspect' principle here...

Well, on that basis, I'm guessing Jimmy Durante.

Molch-R

Quote from: Steve Green on 30 October, 2012, 12:14:37 PM
If you say so Mike.

I just find it hard to believe that you wouldn't have expected at least something along those lines, taking into consideration what fb groups can be like.

But I guess its better to expose those prejudices, still fucking depressing though.

There's a difference between always expecting at least some people to be dicks and active trolling, which is what I believe we were being accused of:

Quote from: Steve Green on 30 October, 2012, 11:33:57 AM
It's just a minority. Would be sad to focus on that, but also the suspicion it was done to troll those into posting is a little depressing.

Richmond Clements

QuoteThere's a difference between always expecting at least some people to be dicks and active trolling, which is what I believe we were being accused of:

Indeed. I would assume that most people would take the picture for the light-hearted jape it is meant to be, and not as some kind of attack on their own sexuality.

P-BOT/1138

if you look at dredd's arse. it looks like cam kennedy.
and yes. i know that could be taken out of context.

Steve Green

Quote from: Molch-R on 30 October, 2012, 02:00:09 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 30 October, 2012, 12:14:37 PM
If you say so Mike.

I just find it hard to believe that you wouldn't have expected at least something along those lines, taking into consideration what fb groups can be like.

But I guess its better to expose those prejudices, still fucking depressing though.

There's a difference between always expecting at least some people to be dicks and active trolling, which is what I believe we were being accused of:

Quote from: Steve Green on 30 October, 2012, 11:33:57 AM
It's just a minority. Would be sad to focus on that, but also the suspicion it was done to troll those into posting is a little depressing.

Your fb status popping up on my feed yesterday before the bulk of the response to the post would suggest otherwise.

Molch-R

Had nothing to do with the homophobic comments, and I resent the implication. Please don't refer to my private FB status updates again.

TordelBack

Quote from: sauchie on 30 October, 2012, 01:40:01 PMGrant Morrsion gave an interview ...  in which he claimed he'd have been a great artist if he'd just w**ked over it a bit more.

FTFY.

So, stepping away from the darker side of online fandom for a bit, I reckon the story this terrific cover (?) image relates to is part of Bachman's takeover plan - dividing her opponents by convincing Hershey that the loss of so many cadets means that in order to increase 'vocations' Justice Dept is going to have to open up its ranks to those uncomfortable with celibacy. People like DeMarco would be free to return to the force, and parents may be more inclined to submit their kids to the Academy knowing they have some prospect of happiness in their future.

Frank

Anyone know any Greek artists, apart from El Greco? They invented gayness.

Steve Green

Shame they didn't think to patent it. Could have helped solve their current financial woes.

Frank

It'd be difficult to assert copyright. Under the terms of Fair Use policy, the other party would be allowed to practise sodomy as long as it was for the purpose of commentary, criticism, satire or scholarship. In my experience, it almost always is.

Steve Green

It would certainly make Apple vs Samsung court battles more interesting.

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 October, 2012, 03:48:27 PM
I reckon the story this terrific cover (?) image relates to is part of Bachman's takeover plan - dividing her opponents by convincing Hershey that the loss of so many cadets means that in order to increase 'vocations' Justice Dept is going to have to open up its ranks to those uncomfortable with celibacy. People like DeMarco would be free to return to the force ...

I like the idea of Justice Department as a monastic order of government, but that would probably make dramatic sense for the strip's long term future. Well done on the VJ Day image spot earlier too; January's too soon for those two to be celebrating the restitution of democratic rule, surely? Powerful image of rapprochement.