Main Menu

Prog 2000 Fabry Variant Cover

Started by ZenArcade, 30 September, 2016, 01:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

Picked up my B&W Fabry variant from the local sorting office today, to complete the set.

As others have mentioned it has different ( higher quality) paper. It has a matt finish which makes the art look kinda different. Oh and it smells as well - a bit like a new car smell.

Also the Cliff Robinson poster has been stapled the other (right) way around so you can actually see it all with out detaching it!!! ( Now there's innovation for you).

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Rately on 27 October, 2016, 08:31:56 PM
I'd happily take a Fabry cover if anyone has any spares going!

Black and white version?

Yours for a tenner to cancer research
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/megacitybookclub

pm me your details if interested

Rately

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 01 November, 2016, 04:19:32 PM
Quote from: Rately on 27 October, 2016, 08:31:56 PM
I'd happily take a Fabry cover if anyone has any spares going!

Black and white version?

Yours for a tenner to cancer research
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/megacitybookclub

pm me your details if interested

Eamonn, I've just sent you details.

Thanks again.

terryworld

hoping to pick up a B&W version in a few weeks here in Oz!

JUDGE BURNS

I pre-ordered my B&W Fabry variant reprint cover from forbidden planet for under a fiver ( earth money ), and it arrived in excellent condition because of the huge amount of packaging that kept in all the thrill power :-)   my collection is complete with all 4 prog 2000's

Spikes

There was a tonne of these at the 2000ad table at Thought Bubble yesterday.
If peeps are trying to track these down, Tharg may have copies left? Worth a try.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Spikes on 06 November, 2016, 11:44:34 AM
There was a tonne of these at the 2000ad table at Thought Bubble yesterday.
If peeps are trying to track these down, Tharg may have copies left? Worth a try.

That's annoying. The futureshop only has digital editions available.  :(
@jamesfeistdraws

Spikes

Well, TB runs today as well. Once it's all out of the way, then maybe what - if anything - is left, will pop up on the store.

Over to you, Tharg...

Magnetica

Looks like Forbidden Planet online still has physical copies.

sheridan

For those who live in London, Mega City Comics in Camden has a pile of about nine or ten of the B&W Glenn Fabry variant (not at marked-up price).

For those who live outside London, they do mail order.

ZenArcade

The amount of people asking for the colour and B/W. versions of  prog 2000 is staggering.  I was talking to a dude in FP and he said since prog 2000 they can't get enough issues of any prog ordered in! Wow!! Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Tjm86

The values being asked on ebay at the moment for the B&W are ludicrous but I guess someone is always going to have a go.  FP Cardiff had a solid stack of about 10 copies on Saturday when I looked so it seems that the bubble has yet to fully burst online.  I doubt it will be long though. 

Nice to hear that it seems to have impacted on sales and certainly the most recent week's was absent from the shelf and a paltry single copy of the previous weeks.  Further back though there was a healthy selection.  If it is resulting in a wider audience then all power.

I just hope that Rebellion give a little more love to subscribers going forward.  Not so much a freebie but perhaps the option of selecting variants at cost.  Would be nice to see some recognition of loyalty.