Main Menu

Doctor Strange -2016-

Started by JOE SOAP, 28 December, 2015, 03:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

True, true. But my binary opposition of the supernatural forces that shaped the late '70s psychosphere allowed for no such drawing-room orientalism.

The Legendary Shark

I'm looking forward to the Doctor Strange film but what I really want is this:

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Goaty

Jim_Campbell

Very pleasantly intrigued by the trailer. As previously noted, Marvel's hit rate is now so high* that they could announce a Dazzler/Howard The Duck team-up movie and I'd go and see it.

Cheers

Jim

*Worst case scenario on present form: you'll be adequately entertained for a couple of hours as long as you don't think about it too much. Best case, you'll see a terrific movie. The only film I've actively not enjoyed was Iron Man 2, with Thor 2 passing the time well enough on initial viewing, but not feeling like a satisfactory movie by the end. Same feeling, but less so, with Avengers 2.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Greg M.

I'm glad they seem to be playing up the trippy Ditko angle.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 April, 2016, 09:31:44 AM
Very pleasantly intrigued by the trailer. As previously noted, Marvel's hit rate is now so high* that they could announce a Dazzler/Howard The Duck team-up movie and I'd go and see it.

Cheers

Jim

*Worst case scenario on present form: you'll be adequately entertained for a couple of hours as long as you don't think about it too much. Best case, you'll see a terrific movie. The only film I've actively not enjoyed was Iron Man 2, with Thor 2 passing the time well enough on initial viewing, but not feeling like a satisfactory movie by the end. Same feeling, but less so, with Avengers 2.
Howard the Duck will be in Guardians 2 according to Gunn.

Dazzler is in talks for a Netflix series. Out of the two, THIS is the one that surprises me the most.

Rately

Really surprised by the look of it. Would almost swear it was directed by Christopher Nolan, and not just the Inception-style City shot, but the quieter character moments remind me of Batman Begins.

Goaty

Dunk!

"Trust we"

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 13 April, 2016, 10:01:33 AM
Dazzler is in talks for a Netflix series.

Could it finally be time to cash out on my complete 42-issue collection of early-80s Dazzler? I've no idea why I bought them in the first place (practically every issue is a crossover), although I believe half a million other people did likewise (for the first issue anyway).  I mean I like glitter balls as much as the next man, but if there's some chance of shifting this utter rubbish for actual dosh...

Zarjazzer

Totally cosmic, mahhnnn!

Ahem, I meant I enjoyed it very much.

:-[
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Bat King on 29 December, 2015, 01:14:18 PMmy 10 year old self was some sort of crazy odd ball. Imagine that.

Three months later and Tilda Swinton. Playing a Tibetan bloke. But not. Because! Kevin Feige.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

IAMTHESYSTEM

I'm sure it's me but when Dr Strange went up the steps at the Trailers end I was reminded of Superman. DC Execs must be kaking their load at that image.   
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

TordelBack

Super trailer, well worth a few watches.  Although I fear the Cumberpatch Singularity clock must be advanced to 5 minutes to midnight.

Fungus