Main Menu

Justice League 2017

Started by JamesC, 21 June, 2016, 04:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/first-justice-league-film-plot-details-logo-revealed

A bit of info about the next DC Snyder flick.

I have to say, I'm pretty underwhelmed by the logo. They seem to over-design all the costumes but go completely minimalist on the logo.
Hopefully, as the article suggests, this one will be a little more lightweight and fun. I have to say, I have my doubts considering the main villains and the inevitable Superman resurrection (which I have visions of being handled with all the restraint of a 'Dr Who finale' to the power of 10).

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JamesC on 21 June, 2016, 04:55:11 PM
I have to say, I'm pretty underwhelmed by the logo.

"Though distinct from past iterations, the star between the 'I' and the 'C' serves as a callback to the classic Justice League comic book logo, which featured multiple stars: a baffling design element, seemingly placed at random, off-centre, and exists solely to stop the designer's boss from saying 'Well, it's not really a design, is it? It's just a font...'"

Fixed that for them.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

There's been loads of Justice League fonts/logos now and it must be hard to come up with something that hasn't been done already.  Doing something that's clearly shit might the only way to guarantee you don't replicate someone else's work.

Goaty

Mardroid

I didn't mind it, but that last line makes Aquaman seem a bit rubbish, like their intentionally playing on gags  from elsewhere.

Colin YNWA

You mean Aquaman King of Atlantis Aftershave commercial. The first 30 odd seconds were hilarious. The second chunk got better. You get the feeling that DC has realised they need to unclench they're movie buttocks a little - they just forgot to tell the cinematography person.

radiator

For all the awkwardly transplanted humor and forced banter in that teaser, the only bit that made me laugh was when he said 'he brings fish'... and I don't think that was supposed to be funny.

JOE SOAP

I hope that's cod-liver oil, Aquabro.

Goaty

I think John waiting for me to post new trailer on here;

https://youtu.be/3cxixDgHUYw

I am sure very few of you exciting for it? Gotta to said I think Jason Momoa as Aquaman is best thing in the trailer.

Michael Knight

New trailer looks a lot better. Agree about Aquaman. Will superman be resurrected in this film? or do we have to wait for more sequels? I couldn't stand the depiction of Lex Luther in batman v superman. After Hackman and Spacey and his portrayal in Lois and Clark and SmallVille, I thought Eisenberg was poor to say the least.

Mardroid

Yeah, I liked Batman Vs Superman, but Lex's portrayal seemed much closer to The Riddler or The Joker. Not as insanity as those characters, certainly, I just mean that super cheerful chirpy demeanor. I know Lex Luthor isn't miserable all the time in the comics, but he seems much more serious than the version shown in BvsS.

I liked the Trailer.

Eric Plumrose

Disgraceful lack of blond hair in this.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Hawkmumbler

2 points deducted for lack of blond hair.

32 added for casting Mamoa because it at least gives me something to drool over whilst watching this pathetic excuse for a JL movie.

JayzusB.Christ

I don't read many DC comics and know next to nothing about Aquaman, so I don't care that his hair is black and I think he looks pretty cool.  I just hope the whole thing is much better than Man of Steel and Batman v Superman.

(I will be drooling too, of course, but in my case Gal Gadot will be the slaver-trigger.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 30 March, 2017, 11:48:51 AM
casting Mamoa because it at least gives me something to drool over

The onan in Conan, available in glorious 3D.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.