Main Menu

Financial Sponcership.

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 22 September, 2012, 03:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

Ecconomically specking this is probably the worst time to be seeking this but if anyone can offer advice I would be grateful.

My Drama group (The St arks Players) are facing a financial crissis.

Although we usually have good ticket sales for our 2 productions a year, we csnnot in all honestly charge more for tickets than we do already (Avarage price around £12)

We can increase our membership fee but this will not make that much of a contibution.

Now I know we could try and have a jumble sale or a fate... but some are weary that again, with all the costs wether we'd end up just braking even instead of making enough money to be worth our effort.

It dosn't help that with the closer of the Stanley halls (for much needed maintanaice and a suspcion that when it re-opens its booking fees will be unaffordable) which means we have had to move our productions to a smaller & poorer equiped church hall which also means hiring equipment that was already in place.

we also sell advertizing in our programmes... and although we are putting the price up for this, there is a limit to the number of adverts we can accept.  (And at a cost of £20 for a 1/3rd of an A5 page black & white) we can't expect to charge much more than that.

So an idea that has been preposed is trying to get some form of company sponcership...

apart from advertizing benifits (& an e link from our web site) I'm not sure what we could offer to tempt someone to do this and no idea how to go about approching anyone in the first place.
Can anybody advice?

Tiplodocus

When short of funds the two sure fire money makers I've seen used by various skint organisations I belong to have been a Race Night and a Pie and Bingo night.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Legendary Shark

As you are a drama group - why not a 'murder weekend' at a hotel or even a local cafe for a 'murder lunch'?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

Think the shark has a darn good idea there.

The Doctor Alt 8

Well I would love to postulate a murder weekend. It's getting others to go for it.
now a Bingo night I understand... but what is a Pie night?
We are selling add space in our panto programme... I have two confirmed adds already!

(If any of you boys DO have a business in the Croydon/ SE 25 area who wants some cheap advertizing... then PM me)