Main Menu

It's been a while...

Started by Booboo100268, 21 January, 2016, 02:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Booboo100268

...33 Years to be precise. Was there right from the start with prog 1 and carried on 'till prog 303. Then, like so many others (?) I was caught in a perfect storm of Hip Hop music, Woodpecker cider and various members of the school netball team.

I then dutifully boxed up my collection (Yes, I kept them all) and placed them in the loft for retrieval at a later date. Fast forward some 30 odd years later, and as I approached middle age and/or a midlife crisis, I return to my old family home to retrieve a large box of nostalgia.

After several hours scrambling around my loft, I asked my Mother as to the whereabouts of my
Much loved, well-kept collection. "Oh, those old things... I threw them out years ago"!

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. (Sorry, even now I still feel the need to count to 10).

Anyhow, after much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I purchased several Dredd case files, Nemesis books etc. but it wasn't the same.

So last year I bit the bullet and purchased a complete set of 2000 AD's (Mostly down to forum member Blixab, Top Bloke) and signed up to an annual subscription from the Rebellion web site.

Anyway I have just finished reading prog 1 thru to 303 (Forgot how good it all was, too much to say here, will post something at a later date) and I now find myself in uncharted waters.

Well forum members, what do I have to look forward to, what (if anything) should I be missing out? Still only 1660 odd progs until I'm up to date, how hard can it be?

IndigoPrime

QuoteI threw them out years ago
Even today, parents are still doing the business, chucking comics in the trash!

Anyway, welcome back to the fold. You've got some serious reading to do, through 2000 AD's highs and lows (more of the former, fortunately). Judging by your post, you'll miss out on the Megazine strips, so might want to consider grabbing a set of those at some point.

ZenArcade

Welcome, welcome and thrice welcome.Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Colin YNWA

... since I saw your ultraviolet smile.
You don't dance to techno anymore.

Sorry, anyway GREAT story and its never too much to talk about. Keep letting us know how you get on both catching up and with the new stuff. I suspect you're in for some good times.

How long did the first 303 take you?

Booboo100268

It's taken about 3 months, so averaging 25 progs a week. Fortunately, the incumbent wife likes her soaps, thus allowing me several hours  a week to escape!

Spikes

Now then, Booboo100268 and welcome  :wave:

I myself returned to the prog buying fold a couple of years ago, after a long time away, as well. Trade buying/waiting just wasn't doing it. And Ive been, largely, loving it ever since.
The prog is genuinely as good now as it ever was. 

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Booboo100268 on 21 January, 2016, 04:40:32 PM
It's taken about 3 months, so averaging 25 progs a week. Fortunately, the incumbent wife likes her soaps, thus allowing me several hours  a week to escape!

Good work that man. My wifes love of scandi drama and similar has a similar wonderful impact on my reading.

Hawkmumbler

Welcome (back)! Nice to see new faces on the board.

Booboo100268

Thanks everyone, it's nice to belong.