Main Menu

Aloha!

Started by Rately, 15 March, 2016, 12:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rately

Aloha,

Finally picked up the courage to register after many years of lurking (I'm outside your window!!!)

Was a long-time reader who started out with prog 750, but fell away from collecting owing to work, space issues and, being honest, dwindling interest in all forms and styles of comic.

Have browsed the boards, though, to keep up with what was going on in Judge Dredd, and took a punt with a few of the graphic novels – Mandroid, Origins, Trifecta! Absolutely brilliant stuff. Love Henry Flint's art, and will definitely be collecting the Zombo collections.

Love the podcast, especially the three part interview with the brilliant John Wagner, and am now going to hopefully sort a digital sub from next jumping on point. It actually feels like coming home after too long away, and am really looking forward to getting the Prog delivered every week!

Please, be gentle, and I hope to contribute to both the board and community and get to know you all.

Thanks,

Cathal

Prodigal2

Rately welcome fella. I hope you have a ball with both comics and forum.

Rately

Thanks, Prodigal2!

Dandontdare

Welcome aboard dude.

Other good picks to catch up on Dredd are Brothers of the Blood (collects several stories around Dredd's clones, especially Kraken, the ex-Judda who replaced him in the run up to Necropolis) and The Pit (Dredd takes over as Sector chief of the city's worst sector - a great ensemble cast (introduces Galen DeMarco) and a solid cop procedural.

Rately

Quote from: Dandontdare on 15 March, 2016, 12:38:50 PM
Welcome aboard dude.

Other good picks to catch up on Dredd are Brothers of the Blood (collects several stories around Dredd's clones, especially Kraken, the ex-Judda who replaced him in the run up to Necropolis) and The Pit (Dredd takes over as Sector chief of the city's worst sector - a great ensemble cast (introduces Galen DeMarco) and a solid cop procedural.

Thanks, Dandontdare!

I'll definitely be picking up Brothers Of The Blood, sounds fantastic, and my wonderful girlfriend bought me The Pit for Christmas, so i'll hopefully get that read soon. Looks fantastic, though, and i really do enjoy the procedural Dredd stories.

Colin YNWA

Welcome aboard and have fun. Fantastic to be hear that good ole Galaxies Greatest is still folks back into its cold hard grip.

As for being gentle... well you've read around this place ain't no one gonna promise that!

Rately

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 15 March, 2016, 02:20:41 PM
Welcome aboard and have fun. Fantastic to be hear that good ole Galaxies Greatest is still folks back into its cold hard grip.

As for being gentle... well you've read around this place ain't no one gonna promise that!

Thanks, Colin_YNWA!

:o