Main Menu

Red Dwarf XI

Started by Goaty, 29 August, 2016, 09:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

series 10 was fun but felt a bit 'safe'. Every episode was just a remake of a previous episode. This felt fresher whilst still being unmistakably Red Dwarf. I also love the fact the Cat is back to being a Cat rather than just another human member of the crew (albeit a stupid one) which he had sort of become in later seasons.

Taryn Tailz

I really enjoyed that episode. Thought it was a lot of fun and, frankly, I was amazed they were able to realise an alternate history/steampunky world in such a short run time.

Bodes well for the rest of the series. :)

Dandontdare

yeah, that wasn't bad at all. Doubt it'll ever reach it's early heights but a lot better than Back to Earth or RD-10.

Greg M.

I enjoyed the episode, but didn't find it that funny - more a case that I appreciated the central idea and liked the 'feel' of the show. Not a patch on the season 10 opener though. And why are Kryten's hands so enormous?

CrazyFoxMachine

Yeah not a bad opener at all. I had a curry n' Dwarf party to celebrate even so NO PRESSURE. Doug Naylor is still tight on the reigns this series both directing and writing every episode like 10 but yeah it DOES feel like it's pushing the boat out further compared to the series before with some weirder camerawork and non-studio atmos building. It was like a less awkward halfway house between 6 and 7 but I'm looking forward to more main ship episodes which is where the cautious 10 got it right most often.

For a lifelong Dwarfer this was, as some tweeters had it, a functional comfort blanket. The opening credits took me right back to being 10 again (although Lady Geoffery's fine curry wasn't present in them days admittedly).

Keef Monkey

Thought the first episode was really enjoyable, with a couple of gags that we were still chuckling about a week later so gave it a second watch (the 'big spender' line had us in stitches for some reason). It had that nice fuzzy feeling of Dwarf being back, and was a very pleasurable watch.

Episode 2 though is a real belter (it's up on the On Demand service, they all seem to be popping up on there a week early). Really felt like a classic episode to me, not just a good episode but a great Red Dwarf episode. We laughed very hard, and very often, and the whole premise of it felt like a great old school Red Dward conceit. Loved it.

Taryn Tailz

Enjoyed the first episode, but the second episode was even better. Series XI is proving to be a hit thus far. :)

James Stacey

2 for 2 so far. great stuff.

CrazyFoxMachine

Yeah blimey ep 2 was a killer. Good concept and well presented with a nice amount of jawing. Cat's screwed up history caused the most laughs in our household!

"Saṃsāra is a Sanskrit word that means "wandering" or "world", with the connotation of cyclic, circuitous change. It also refers to the theory of rebirth and "cyclicality of all life, matter, existence", a fundamental assumption of all Indian religions. Saṃsāra is sometimes referred to with terms or phrases such as transmigration, karmic cycle, reincarnation, and "cycle of aimless drifting, wandering or mundane existence""

SpongeJosh

Ep. 2 was brill. Hope there is more of the same  :lol:

von Boom

Episode 3 is up and it's pretty good. The villain of the piece is excellent however. Doctor Who writers should watch it and take notes.

Goaty

Loved both episodes. Back to classic at last.

I did laugh out at Lister with Ash scene.

Tony Angelino

I didn't like the first episode at all and was starting to get worried for Red Dwarf.

The second episode changed all that though and was really good with a few very funny moments.

Greg M.

I enjoyed 'Samsara' a lot - a very Series 4 / 5 set-up, though it fell a little flat at the end. Needed a final line from Rimmer to tie it all up. The opening bit with Rimmer and Lister playing the board game was great though.

sheridan

List of episodes:

• Twentica
  • Samsara
  • Give and Take
  • Officer Rimmer
  • Krysis
  • Can of Worms