Main Menu

Original Art for sale

Started by monstercreations, 23 March, 2017, 05:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monstercreations

Hi all,
I'm going to put these items on sale this weekend - any ideas what they might fetch - also if anyone wants to make me an offer then please do!
Thanks
Ade

matty_ae

I'm guessing (and not making an offer)
But priced to sell

£145 Splash page Colin MacNeal with some paste-ons
£300 Fun RoboHunter probably most commercial page here
£275 Splash page VCs Good example of Cam Kennedy, lot of love for him right now - is the title a replacement photocopy done recently?
£200 Gibson Dredd but quite a static scene setting page

monstercreations

Hi,
Thanks for the info!
Regarding the VC's art I got this direct from Cam Kennedy and that's how it came - I'll check the actual prog and see if it differs.
cheers,
Ade

sheridan

I don't recognise the story for the Gibson Dredd.

Rogue Judge

Quote from: sheridan on 23 March, 2017, 07:54:19 PM
I don't recognise the story for the Gibson Dredd.

I'm guessing its from the story "Giant", the one where Walter starts up a robot religious cult ("Giant," Judge Dredd Megazine vol. 2 #50-52). I could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me...

Also, great art pages - The SD " A Sorry Case" story is a lot of fun, but hopefully you don't have "bad luck" selling your pages!  ;)

Spikes

Quote from: monstercreations on 23 March, 2017, 07:23:08 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the info!
Regarding the VC's art I got this direct from Cam Kennedy and that's how it came - I'll check the actual prog and see if it differs.
cheers,
Ade

Sometimes art was re-lettered (Speech balloons etc can tend to yellow with age, and indeed become transparent over time) for reprinting purposes. I have a few pages were this has taken place, including one by Cam, and it's really just part and parcel of the process, and nowt really to worry about.

Hard to judge by a photo, but even if yours has had this done, it still look very good.

Are these off on eBay?
As always its hard to judge a price for original art. The prices given a few posts up are pretty solid though. I could see some if not all fetching more though.

monstercreations

Hi,
The Dredd is from Giant.
I'm going to put them on ebay over the weekend - I just needed a rough price guide - sadly or happily?? I have a wedding to pay for!
Thanks for all your help!
I also have a Halo Jones  A3 pencil drawing but i'm going to keep that!
cheers,
Ade

Geoff

Yep, I'm with Spikes, pretty sound estimates but reckon a bit more could be had, especially for the VCs title page

Don't blame you for keeping the Halo.

Be interested to see it if you don't mind posting it though...

ming

That's a very nice VCs page!  I'm fairly certain that the logo is the original - it's just printed on decent (slightly shiny) thin card stock I think, so has weathered well (I have one with the same logo).  The slightly faded ink sections are just due to time and the perils of using marker pens.