Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychoGoatee

I love The Guest, I recommend that to everybody! I find there's also an element of dark comedy to it, very fun over-the-top retro thriller.

Keef Monkey

Yeah The Guest is a cracking film, so much damn fun and some really charismatic performances that carry the whole thing.

shaolin_monkey

I saw The Girl With All The Gifts the other night.  I can't talk too much about it without spoiling it, as the first part of the film very much relies on the 'what the fuck is going on here?' element.  If you've read the book, you'll know what I mean.

I have read the book, and seen the film.  I think overall the film is an excellent interpretation of the book, plus being a superb film in it's own right.  Paced well, surprisingly good acting from Gemma Arterton, who I never previously thought was much good, great effects, and a cracking story.  I particularly liked the ending.

Theblazeuk

Read the book first or watch the film?

Hawkmumbler

Gundam: Behind the Front Lines, a short faux documentary on the set years after the conclusion of the One Year War. Despite being trite, silly and a tad over whimsical in nature, it's actually a damn nice little tribute to MSG, ZZ and Zeta. Definitely one for the fans.

Michael Knight

The Guest - great film. Remember going to see this with the Mrs and not expecting much. Was i wrong lol.
:)

radiator

I honestly don't know what everyone sees in The Guest - one of those films that everyone seems to love, but I thought was utter bobbins.

Professor Bear

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 28 September, 2016, 02:22:16 PM

Either or mate!  Both equally worth a read/watch!

Professor Bear

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 29 September, 2016, 01:52:22 PM
Quote from: Theblazeuk on 28 September, 2016, 02:22:16 PM

Either or mate!  Both equally worth a read/watch!

I gather you could also watch someone play The Last Of Us.

Hawkmumbler

Zombie Flesh Eaters 2 (1988, dir. Lucio Fulci and Bruno Mattei)

I unashamedly adore the original ZFE, so much so that I even consider it a fully fledged prequel to Romeros DEAD trilogy, hell it's a better origin story than George ever though of! How can you hate a movie with grade A gore effects, a brilliant 80's sound track and SHARKS VS ZOMBIES!!!???

The much delaiyed sequel in name only, however, is a much more guilty pleasure of mine. Apparently, 70% was directed by Fulci before falling ill and the rest was fobbed off onto Mattei, and for people who don't know Mattei makes the kind of Italian knock-off horror movies people assume Fulci makes. B-Grade, crummy and only really watchable if absolutely piss drunk. Which, is no bad thing, drunken viewing is as valid as any other and over a couple of beers and with friends ZFE2 can be a riot of entertainment. When sober?

Look it's a fucking dreadful movie, OK but I still kinda like it in my own, Mattei aficionado way.

dweezil2

Watched Hell Or High Water last night.

Brilliant performances from Jeff Bridges, Chris Pine and Ben Foster.

Beautiful photography, superb direction from David Mackenzie and a positively crackling script from Sicario writer Taylor Sheridan.

Great soundtrack from Nick Cave too!

Not to be missed, see it on the big screen if you can!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Trent

Just rewatched The Long Good Friday, one of the best British films ever made.
I'd forgotten just how funny it is with lines like "You don't go crucifying someone outside a church, not on Good Friday!" that I had all but forgotten.
Helen Mirren's lobbying to have her part built up makes the film as the pairing of her and Hoskins present a genuinely powerful couple.
I've got the special edition bluray which has a fascinating book with terrific behind the scenes insights such as the presence of genuine villains and excons on set to advise with gems like "not that I've ever done it, but if you're gonna stab someone you wouldn't do it like that'.

Ghastly McNasty

Room Haven't stopped thinking about it all day. Belongs to the category of movies that should never be (can't be) explained before seeing it. Good film.