Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

eBay :)

And Artdroids, CAF, and er, just Google trawling - really doesn't require much in the way of web-fu to find .

Ron Smith!  Shanty Town!  Strato-V!  Mad Mox!  Me!  Happy!

Fatboydale

my latest pick up is a Nemesis pin up by Simon Harrison printed in a sci fi special ..

ming

That's lovely, Dale.  Congrats!

Dr Feeley Good

Mikey

Bloody hell, that's superb!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

lbalbalba

Wow, that Nemesis looks simply amazing ! Which reminds me: Ive always loved the way this character looks, but ive never actually taken the time to sit down and read the comic...  :-[ I seriously need to start to get into Nemesis...

Pete Wells

Sooooo cool. I'd love to see a Nemesis action figure.

Mardroid

Quote from: lbalbalba on 01 July, 2011, 10:46:19 AM
Wow, that Nemesis looks simply amazing ! Which reminds me: Ive always loved the way this character looks, but ive never actually taken the time to sit down and read the comic...  :-[ I seriously need to start to get into Nemesis...

Apart from the introductory episode which was basically just a big chase in flying craft where you never see the character*, I haven't read any Nemesis The Warlock either. I agree it's an interesting unique character design.

*Puff, puff. How's that for a running sentence?

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Mardroid on 01 July, 2011, 04:50:28 PM
I haven't read any Nemesis The Warlock...

Just as well you never came to the Southers gathering, sonny Jim!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Mardroid on 01 July, 2011, 04:50:28 PMApart from the introductory episode which was basically just a big chase in flying craft where you never see the character*, I haven't read any Nemesis The Warlock either.

If that first ep. didn't grab you...I'm not sure it's you're thing.

lbalbalba

I havent read it either, but this still sure sounds good to me :

QuoteTermight, a world at the heart of a cruel galactic empire. A world devastated by nuclear warfare. Deep below ground its inhabitants try to eke out a mere existence, continually threatened by the Terminators, lead by the diabolically evil Torquemada. There is a resistance though, and a new kind of hero. Meet Nemesis the Warlock, champion of the coming rebellion!

ming

Judges!  Werewolves!  Werewolf Judges!  Dredd Headbutt!

Steve Dillon, Cry of the Werewolf, Prog 324:

I owe you big time for this, Pete - ticks an important box for me, this one.

:)

Emperor

Oh that is a cracker.

From the 2000AD thread at Whitechapel here are a couple of Flickr accounts containing original 2000AD art (might require a little digging):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kradlum/collections/72157603215641464/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24992274@N00/sets/72157624225958554/
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Pete Wells

QuoteI owe you big time for this, Pete - ticks an important box for me, this one.

A pleasure sir! It was hard to let it go but it was worth it for those photos of you in the bath...

Greg M.

Quote from: Pete Wells on 08 July, 2011, 09:46:24 PM
QuoteI owe you big time for this, Pete - ticks an important box for me, this one.

A pleasure sir! It was hard to let it go but it was worth it for those photos of you in the bath...

I'd long suspected this was the secret of ming's collection... but now I wonder if Pete trades his own special tub-time snaps to pay for all those commissions?  ;)