Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

von Boom

Trout

Putting raspberries in a drink automatically makes it classy.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Trout on 25 February, 2017, 06:29:05 AM

It's not easy to squeeze them into my morning can of Special Brew, but if it impresses the ladies who walk to work along the canal, I'll give it a shot.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Trout on 25 February, 2017, 06:29:05 AM
I tried that but I just ended uo getting spittle in a ladies prosecco.

Spikes

"I had a dream I had an awesome dream".
Lionel Richie 1986

Having a Saturday afternoon siesta, I dreamt a right corker.

Planet Replica's had tweeted a sneaky peek photo for a forthcoming 2017 Judge Dredd annual.
At first I thought it was a mock up of one for a bit of nostalgic fun, but then - somehow - I got hold of a advance copy, and it was real and it was fantastic.

Proper old school it was. Just like the ones of yesteryear.

Sigh...

Smith

I was browsing thru one of those great Alan Moore retrospectives(not gonna say which one) and I noticed something that kinda happens often with British writers;Alans 2000AD bibliography is barely mentioned.Okay,DR and Quinch were not Watchmen or Miracleman,but they deserve a mention.
Or maybe really nobody outside Thargs fandom cares.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Smith on 28 February, 2017, 08:30:07 AM
I was browsing thru one of those great Alan Moore retrospectives(not gonna say which one) and I noticed something that kinda happens often with British writers;Alans 2000AD bibliography is barely mentioned.Okay,DR and Quinch were not Watchmen or Miracleman,but they deserve a mention.

Not to mention the utterly incredible Halo Jones, which rarely gets more than a passing nod.  Not superheroey enough for the yanks, perhaps.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Smith

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 01 March, 2017, 10:52:15 AM

Not to mention the utterly incredible Halo Jones, which rarely gets more than a passing nod.  Not superheroey enough for the yanks, perhaps.
That probably plays a part.But if you can go thru Lost Girls and Neonomicon,why dismiss the 2000ad material almost entirely?Some weird priorities there.

Hawkmumbler

Guys, it's been three years since the last run of Low Life. I'm starting to get a little concerned.

Smith

I remembered Zenith:Tales of alternate Earths.I think the coolest detail is Arthur Montgomery toys.A pull-string toy of a stereotypical Yorkshirman that says: THIS BLEEDING COUNTRY HAS GONE TO THE DOGS,ITS IS!
That need to happen.I would buy it.:)

Proudhuff

Does anyone get raped?
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Is Jazz Hands a confirmed medical condition? or just a degenerate German?
DDT did a job on me

Smith

Quote from: Proudhuff on 09 March, 2017, 04:03:49 PM

Does anyone get raped?
Not really.You think that might be the reason?