Main Menu

2000ad suspected IP infringement thread

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 06 August, 2010, 12:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

CrazyFoxMachine

FFS that arse has tried that before, hasn't he?

Colin YNWA

Have to say I love that Umpty t-shirt.

Nic_Freeman

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Nic_Freeman on 14 July, 2016, 11:35:07 AM
I'm pretty sure this isn't a licensed product, which is a shame, because I'd love one of these:

http://www.mysoti.com/designer/slightlywrong/product/1782076/slightlywrong--tshirt--JUDGE-DREAD
Yet another "Judge Dread" t-shirt, as if Rebellion wouldn't notice.

Aren't any bootleggers remotely original?

James Stacey

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 14 July, 2016, 01:14:16 PM
Quote from: Nic_Freeman on 14 July, 2016, 11:35:07 AM
I'm pretty sure this isn't a licensed product, which is a shame, because I'd love one of these:

http://www.mysoti.com/designer/slightlywrong/product/1782076/slightlywrong--tshirt--JUDGE-DREAD

I think thats part of the joke of the tshirt

A.Cow

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 14 July, 2016, 01:14:16 PM

As Mr Stacey points out, the gimmick of this particular company is that they do stuff deliberately wrong, in a way that is guaranteed to wind up fanboys.  For example, a picture of the USS Enterprise with "Star Wars" underneath.

Given that Rebellion are now taking advantage of (recently-introduced) parody exemption legislation to publish trademark-trampling Cursed Earth Uncensored, I would imagine these particular T-shirts are nudging into a grey area.

shaolin_monkey

James Dilworth

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

M.I.K.

Quote from: A.Cow on 14 July, 2016, 10:52:58 PM
Given that Rebellion are now taking advantage of (recently-introduced) parody exemption legislation to publish trademark-trampling Cursed Earth Uncensored, I would imagine these particular T-shirts are nudging into a grey area.

Not using that artwork they're not.

A.Cow

Quote from: M.I.K. on 04 August, 2016, 02:28:23 AM
Quote from: A.Cow on 14 July, 2016, 10:52:58 PM
Not using that artwork they're not.

Fair point.