Main Menu

Complete Case Files 30

Started by Andy B, 04 June, 2016, 05:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy B

Can't wait for this one. I missed out on the Hamlyn 'Doomsday' collections, and by my reckoning, we should get the whole thing here. Colin Wilson and Mike McMahon on high quality paper, and I seem to remember some nice Simon Davis art not in his usual style. And more Cam Kennedy!

Question is, what's the best way to present the 2000ad and Meg stories? In order of publication, even though that means mixing them up?  Or does it still make sense of you read one lot after the other? Can't remember well enough.

And can 'Volt Face' be squeezed in? This is the stuff I worry about...

IndigoPrime

Having just read the Hachette versions, it'll be interesting how the CF handles this. With Judgement Day, it was obvious (essential, even) to 'merge' the stories, but Doomsday isn't interwoven nearly as much. Also, the Meg strips at one point essentially run a synopsis of what's been going on over in 2000 AD. The only way a full merge would work is with some judicious editing, but that would irk completists. But then running them half and half means you get the conclusion before you've read half of the story. (I ended up having both Hachette books open and flicking between them, which wasn't ideal.)

TordelBack

Seems likely that it'll be one then t'other again, since that's how both it and the CFs (generally) are structured. Glad to hear that Doomsday will be in CF30 - that means I can skip the Hachette volumes and save the dosh, and I was seriously contemplating getting them. Return of the Assassin is when I started buying 2000AD regularly again, and it's going to be weird to see the Casefiles get to that period.

CAN1F

HdE

Yikes! Just realised I'm several volumes behind. Really gotta do something about that.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/