Main Menu

They did WHAT to your Prog???

Started by Bat King, 14 June, 2016, 09:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

Sat here in hospital my mindc wanders and suddenly I am reliving a traumatic experience.

It is Summer (I think) 1981 and my Aunt has popped round; this is traumatic in itself.

She walks in to the front room. I've just put down the clearest Prog. She picks it up saying 'this will do' and puts it on the coffee table THEN puts a cup of tea/coffee on top of it!

Itv was already dribbling from her carrying it from the kitchen, so stained already. I protest, 'you've read it' she snaps.

My 13 year old self was devastated.

I assume I am not the only one to have had a Prog mistreated by another...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Hawkmumbler

Me ma shredded up my first three progs for hamster bedding!

I've never forgiven her.

Ghost MacRoth

Left an issue of 'Scream' in the toilet after reading while erm.....you know...offloading cargo??  Went to retrieve it when I realised it wasn't with the others to find the front cover ripped off as my Da had run out of bog roll..... Raging was an understatement. :(
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 14 June, 2016, 10:39:41 PM
Left an issue of 'Scream' in the toilet after reading while erm.....you know...offloading cargo??  Went to retrieve it when I realised it wasn't with the others to find the front cover ripped off as my Da had run out of bog roll..... Raging was an understatement. :(
It's The 13th Floor, not The 13th Ring!

Professor Bear

Everyone in my home smoked when I was growing up (it's probably why I never have), and would constantly tear strips of paper off any magazines, newspapers, books or comics laying around in order to get a light from the fire/stove, so I learned from an early age not to get too attached to anything made of paper.

Magnetica

I used to let my brother read my Progs and he would bend the front cover over.

Outrageous.  :lol:

Albion

Happy to say I have no tales of horror about the Prog from when I was a kid. There was much respect for it in our house.

But......
When I moved out to the first home of my own they were all piled up in our spare room and our newly acquired cat, Stimpy, used them as a scratching post!  >:(
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Bat King

Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Mardroid

A wise cat though. Sharpening his claws on thrillpower.

Sorry.

Bat King

Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

The Enigmatic Dr X

This thread saddens me in so many ways.

Not only the Prog abuse, not because it's a First World Problem, but because it's a geek's First World Problem.

My gut wrenches disproportionally at the tales here, which is an indictment upon me.
Lock up your spoons!

Hawkmumbler

You don't get this problem with digital...

Magnetica

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 15 June, 2016, 12:31:54 PM
This thread saddens me...

...My gut wrenches disproportionally at the tales here, which is an indictment upon me.

That was kinda my point...it seems crazy in retrospect that I would be so fussy about how my Progs were handled...it was more the possibility of damage than any actual damage.

Dandontdare

I have no one but myself to blame for early prog abuse: Not only did I cut out all the games and standees and put all the star scans on my wall, I mutilated the stories themselves to make scrapbooks or stick pictures on my school folders. Very few of my pre-250 progs are complete