Main Menu

Lost in the mail - missing subscription copies

Started by Darwock, 20 June, 2016, 06:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darwock

Hi all, I started a prog/meg subscription from prog 1900 and am coming up to the start of my third year (I will definitely be renewing). I'm subscribing from Japan (no, I've never met Floyd Kermode) so postage is not insignificant, but for me it's worth it to have that regular link to the UK to look forward to each week.

Trouble is, sometimes the world's mail carriers let me down and lose my progs. Not often - actually twice for sure, potentially three times as I haven't received the latest prog 1985 yet. Each time I waited around a month to allow for postal delays, then put in a request to Rebellion to have a replacement copy sent out. Which they did both times, without any fuss.

I really hate that wait though, with unread progs building up - and I also feel a bit guilty asking for a new copy as it's not really Rebellion's fault.

As I mentioned, prog 1985 didn't arrive when expected, so I'm half expecting to soon be in the same situation again. I'm wondering if this time I should just place an order and buy the missing prog to get it ASAP, and avoid feelings of guilt. But, paying postage again :/

I could go digital, but a little part of my soul would die if I took that route.

What would you do?

glassstanley

I'd contact Rebellion earlier. If it's not arrived by Monday's post & there isn't a thread about missing Progs on here, contact Rebellion.

Woolly

Don't know anything about the postal service in Japan, but would assume that by the time your progs missing the digital one would be up for sale.
You could buy just the one digital issue (a small part of your soul isn't too much to pay when thrill-power is at stake ;)), and prevent all the other progs piling up.

Not a perfect situation, but that's what I'd do  :thumbsup: