Main Menu

Hanging plot threads you would like to see addressed

Started by Hawkmumbler, 24 June, 2016, 04:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Dash Decent on 25 June, 2016, 04:42:13 PM
Did the stuff with the Kazan clone have a conclusion?

Sort of, or at least we found out his current role/status during Trifecta.

I'd love to see where Harry Kipling was going, that was just getting good.

Hawkmumbler

Oh man, Harry Kipling and Lobster Random are the two series reprinted in floppies recently that got me like "Wha...thats it?!".

And did Marauder ever get a proper conclusion? I seem to remember the first series just kind of...ended.

Link Prime

Quote from: Professor Bear on 24 June, 2016, 05:14:52 PM
We never saw the original Rogue Trooper after Friday was introduced - WE NEVER SAW HIM AGAIN I SAID - until he was soft-rebooted in the mid-2000s, or what Friday did after he went into that wormhole

Indignant as it was, the original Rogue Trooper died on the Scavanger of Souls satellite (in 'Ascent' by White & Tappin), although it is is likely that Tor Cyan is a re-gened version of the original Rogue (his Biochip was retrieved from his corpse by Rahab).
Helm & Bagman also met their end in Ascent.

Friday, Venus and the surviving Biochips (including Gunnar) were never seen again after entering the aforementioned wormhole.

I wouldn't mind someone having a stab at that mess again, although I do very much enjoy the flashback stories and spin-offs by the Rennie Droid.

Dodsy

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 24 June, 2016, 06:30:19 PM
Witch world book 2 starts in prog 2001.
Not sure if this is sarcasm or not?..... :|

I'd love to see Lobster Random get a final series one day. I spoke to Si at Thought Bubble last year and he said he'd love to get back to him some point so there may be hope yet.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Richard

Most of the examples given above I don't really care about. But Lobster Random was excellent. That last story in particular was very clever, and very well told. It ended on a good cliff-hanger with the promise of a massive story to come, and then we never saw it again. A great pity, and I hope it can be rectified one day.

Zenith 666

Me being sarcastic! Surely not. :lol:
Adored both Cabalistics inc and lobster random.

The Enigmatic Dr X

What happens when Luke Kirby grows up

Tie Cyan's origins
Lock up your spoons!

TordelBack

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 26 June, 2016, 01:30:29 PM

In fact, now Zenith, Dare and Burger Wars are back in print, can we hope that the impressive cojones of Rebellion are, errr, brought to bear on a collection of Luke Kirby, with maybe Alan persuaded to write some more...? That lad Carter, or maybe Dowling or McCrea, to draw it?.

After that, Medivac 318.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Tordelback on 26 June, 2016, 04:22:49 PM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 26 June, 2016, 01:30:29 PM

In fact, now Zenith, Dare and Burger Wars are back in print, can we hope that the impressive cojones of Rebellion are, errr, brought to bear on a collection of Luke Kirby, with maybe Alan persuaded to write some more...? That lad Carter, or maybe Dowling or McCrea, to draw it?.

After that, Medivac 318.

I'd love that. I always felt Luke Kirby was leading to an epic Dr Strange type. Now is the time to piggy back on that action
Lock up your spoons!

JayzusB.Christ

Wasn't Vienna pregnant with that Sov agent's baby or something? She seemed fairly childless last time she appeared though
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 26 June, 2016, 10:11:40 PM
Wasn't Vienna pregnant with that Sov agent's baby or something? She seemed fairly childless last time she appeared though

Because abortion is illegal in Mega-City One (apparently) she gave the baby up for adoption. That was eleven years ago, so sov-sprog could be ripe for a return any time now.
@jamesfeistdraws

JayzusB.Christ

What kind of backward state would make abortion illegal?  (Ahem.) I don't think it is in MC1 though - indeed, it's been compulsory in some cases (America Jara's for example).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dark Jimbo

It was expressly stated to be illegal in the story, is what I meant - but no, on the whole I didn't think it was, either. It doesn't make much sense for a city whose biggest problem was always over-population and endemic unemployment. Maybe that's changed post-Chaos, though.
@jamesfeistdraws

JayzusB.Christ

Don't remember that, but I don't doubt you. All the same, it seems a bit daft to outlaw abortion in a city where euthanasia is not only legal but thriving.

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead