Main Menu

No 2000 AD for Free Comic Book Day 2016

Started by Molch-R, 06 November, 2015, 12:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

Quote from: moldovangerbil on 01 March, 2016, 01:19:19 PM
Quote from: BPP on 29 February, 2016, 11:34:05 AM
Anyone suggest a site for pre-ordering these? Disposable Heroes appears to have bitten the dust.

Same boat here.  You could try page45 in Nottingham - they've been very helpful.  Not sure you'll be able to order it through their website but if you give them a bell they'll probably be able to sort you out.

I rang Page45 but they said they aren't taking part in FCBD. Does anyone else know where you could order a copy?

Anzati

Looks like this is going to be a difficult one to get hold of... I found one pre-order listing on eBay, but it's the US version and they're asking £18 for shipping :(

Fungus

Never seen one in a live shop, so kind of resigned to missing out on this. Grud, Disposable Heroes was a great shop.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Dash Decent on 31 March, 2016, 12:41:31 PM
Quote from: Molch-R on 30 March, 2016, 06:20:45 PM
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/30/the-2000ad-fcbd-comic-will-be-bigger-in-the-uk-than-in-the-usa/

Molch-R, do you know if Oz will get the US sized issues or the proper ones?

Oz comic shops generally get their comics from Diamond in the US -- not Diamond UK-- so Stevie daresays that we'll be seeing the smaller ones, Dash.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Molch-R

With FCBD this weekend, I've just popped a preview of this year's issue up on the 2000 AD blog: http://www.2000adonline.com/post/372

IndigoPrime

Looks like I'll be scouring eBay this year. Local comic shops responses to FCBD are all essentially GO AWAY. And Disposable Heroes appears to not be making a comic-book-style return from the dead.

Tjm86

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 03 May, 2016, 04:18:35 PM
And Disposable Heroes appears to not be making a comic-book-style return from the dead.

Tried twice to source the FCBD from DH.  Both times I ended up having to find it somewhere else.  I know a lot of folk had positive experiences with them.  Unfortunately I wasn't one of them.

That said, I wouldn't wish the loss of livelihood on many folks.  There is a certain comic retailer in the Welsh capital whom I would not touch with a barge pole having had fingers burnt (and have since met a number of others with similar experiences) but even so ...

COMMANDO FORCES

Just had a wee look at this beauty and it's an awesome package again. Great paper quality and some lovely artwork inside and lots of merchandise adverts. Have to wait till Saturday to actually read it now :'(

Anzati

Looks like the scalpers are going to do well this year...

COMMANDO FORCES

Always helps if you have a comic shop local and the owner is also a friend. I don't take it home until the FCBD itself, I have rigid discipline.
As for scalpers, it's one only at the places I have been to. If any are left at my comic shop, then I buy them, as they are not free to him and then I send them on to mates for free.
A scalper I am most definitely not...

Hawkmumbler

Can I ask a cheeky one? Still being out of the country right now, if anyone is able to wanggle me a spare copy of the FCBD prog tomorrow will forever be in my debt and will be entitled to many a round of alcoholic beverage of their choice at the next Thought Bubble!

Dash Decent

Scored mine this morning!

Like Lucky Stevie says, the FCBD prog in OZ is the US sized one which is a tiny shame but no way am I going to complain about a free prog!  I'm not sure what I think about the advert on the back - fun for the initiated but possibly diluting an iconic image for those not in the know?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IndigoPrime

With family having flown in from overseas and no local shops participating, no FCBD for me this year. If anyone has the chance and can grab a copy for me, I'll gladly swap another comic or two from my classifieds ad or make a charitable donation on behalf of the sender.

NapalmKev

Due to the excessive generosity of my LCS I have a spare copy. PM me if you want it.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"