Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Oh dear. Halo really has lost its way. I never got around to 5, but I thought the rot set in with the very forgettable 4 (or arguably even Reach, which was when they started to conciously mimic CoD rather than forging their own path).

As for Gears, maybe its just me, but while I thought GOW2's campaign was perfection, 3's was ruined by too many concessions to making it 4 player co op friendly. It totally sucked as a single player experience imo. Too much emphasis on spectacle. Gears always worked best with tight little skirmishes vs huge set pieces.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Never really cared for GoW. Not that it's without merit, but my LEEERRRRROY JEENNNNNNNNNNKINNNNS approach to FPSes just didn't work.
You may quote me on that.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: radiator on 18 October, 2016, 05:38:16 PM
As for Gears, maybe its just me, but while I thought GOW2's campaign was perfection, 3's was ruined by too many concessions to making it 4 player co op friendly. It totally sucked as a single player experience imo. Too much emphasis on spectacle. Gears always worked best with tight little skirmishes vs huge set pieces.

Seems like the new team are aware of that - they've cut it back down to 2 players in campaign and it's a much tighter, focussed fight (the whole thing takes place over one night, so there's a real sense of drive and purpose and none of the big set-piece bloat that 3 was sometimes guilty of). If at any point you were a Gears fan then this'll probably hit the spot, I can't put it down.

I, Cosh

Not getting a huge amount of time to sit down for any serious gaming at the moment but still trying to polish off the Bloodborne DLC and the last couple of trophies from the main game. Obviously it's only the easy ones left. Gave up on the game from frustration at one point but glad I went back to it. There are few things more satisfying than finally nailing a particularly troublesome boss. Might get back to Witcher 3 at some point before Christmas.

Elsewhere, I've been absolutely loving Bullet Hell Monday on the iPad. Not sure how it would work scaled down phone size but this is, by some distance, the best attempt at a touchscreen shootemup I've played. Free too! You can buy different ship types in the game but there's nothing essential missing from the base version. I'm now obsessively replaying a few levels to try and pick up the handful of ludicrously difficult objectives which I've missed whilst reveling in my position as 86th best in the world on one of the challenge levels. Pretty sure I can break the top 50 with a few hundred more attempts.
We never really die.

shaolin_monkey

I'm playing Crashlands on iPhone, which is a superb 2D top down kinda minecraft terraria clone, with a snappy little story, quirky characters, amusing creatures, and a whole ton of 'just another 10 mins' crystal meth style addictive gameplay. Probably the best game I've downloaded all year!!

jacob g

Titanfall 2 - in terms of casulal multiplayer fun this game is 10/10. And what is also great the singleplayer campain they added works really nice. It's short, full of cliches but... you know, this works just really good and natural within the genre.

I'm not a big fan of multiplayer fps but Titanfall can be exception.
margaritas ante porcos

Dr Feeley Good

Only played the multiplayer so far but loving it !! Spoilt for choice with Titanfall and Battlefield..

NapalmKev

Quote from: Dr Feeley Good on 01 November, 2016, 08:52:28 AM
Only played the multiplayer so far but loving it !! Spoilt for choice with Titanfall and Battlefield..

The multiplayer on Battlefield is stunning! Destructible environments, and up to 64 players in a game. Combine that with fluid gameplay and a range of WW1 vehicles - Carnage!

The new COD game can crack the Fuck on!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Tony Angelino

Titanfall 2 and Battlefield are the FPS games to get this year.

my only complaint about Battlefield is that I'm finding it incredibly hard to level up but that is largely down to my advancing years I suppose.

Would love to get the re-mastered Modern Warfare as I loved that game but I don't want to buy Infinite Warfare with it.

Radbacker

god i either need to get myself a new Xbone or PS4  I really need Battlefield 1!!!!!
My house mate that used to share with me we went halvsies in an Xbone but i gave my half to him when he moved out  :'(
Is it worth getting one of these new fangled semi-upgraded consoles or should I just fork out for a second hand original?

CU Radbacker

NapalmKev

Quote from: Radbacker on 02 November, 2016, 11:19:44 AM
god i either need to get myself a new Xbone or PS4  I really need Battlefield 1!!!!!
My house mate that used to share with me we went halvsies in an Xbone but i gave my half to him when he moved out  :'(
Is it worth getting one of these new fangled semi-upgraded consoles or should I just fork out for a second hand original?

CU Radbacker

Stick with the original version of either console. As I understand it, the new console's are primarily for 4K televisions/vr headsets, so not really worth forking out for.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Satanist

Also a lot of shops were selling off the old stock cheap so you might be able to get a brand new original model of either on the cheap.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

Also a lot of old stock claim shops were selling off cheap old original mod stock so you might be able to model brand new original mod stock on the cheap.
DDT did a job on me

Satanist

Quote from: Proudhuff on 02 November, 2016, 03:00:19 PM
Also a lot of old stock claim shops were selling off cheap old original mod stock so you might be able to model brand new original mod stock on the cheap.

We have an eldster down I repeat elster in need of assistance at John Leslie home for the auld & lanky!

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Keef Monkey

Finished the Titanfall 2 campaign last night and have to say that was one of the most consistently exciting and inventively fun shooter campaigns I've ever played. It's brilliant, jumping straight back in for a second playthrough. It's short (at about 5-6hrs) but is all killer and no filler which is a rarity these days. Multiplayer is great fun too, hugely recommend the game!