Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills 2017

Started by Dash Decent, 23 August, 2016, 01:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

I thought I'd reboot this thread for next year.

Keep posting 2016 comments in the old thread: Click!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

2017 AD
12 Jan 2017 - Cadet Anderson: Teenage Kyx - Click! - Paperback, 128 pages.
17 Jan 2017 - The Complete Scarlet Traces Vol. 1
07 Feb 2017 - Thrill Power Overload
09 Feb 2017 - 2000 AD's Greatest: Celebrating 40 Years of Thrill-Power! - Click! - Paperback, 112 pages.
14 Feb 2017 - Judge Dredd: Every Empire Falls
09 Mar 2017 - Kingdom - Aux Drift - Click! - Paperback, 144 pages.
09 Mar 2017 - The Order: Die Mensch Machine - Click! - Paperback, 128 pages.
14 Mar 2017 - Predator Versus Judge Dredd Versus Aliens: Splice and Dice
06 Apr 2017 - Judge Dredd: Complete Case Files 29 - Click! - Paperback, 304 pages.
11 Apr 2017 - Judge Dredd: The Cape and Cowl Crimes
07 Sep 2017 - Greysuit: The Monarch Dossier      

To Be Advised
TBA - VCs: Old Soldiers (promised for 15th December 2009, but don't set your sundial by it.)
TBA - Molch-R Celebrates Five Well-written Product Blurbs

Cadet Anderson: Teenage Kyx
"When the psychically powerful three-year-old CASSANDRA ANDERSON killed her abusive father, she was taken into the custody of Justice Department, who blocked the memories of her traumatic childhood. Inducted into Psi-Division as a cadet, where the Judges use telepaths, empaths, precogs and others with psychic abilities to aid the fight against crime, Anderson is thrown in the deep end as she faces up to the worst Mega-City One has to offer."

2000 AD's Greatest: Celebrating 40 Years of Thrill-Power!
"From humorously twisted Future Shocks to the dystopian escapades of Judge Dredd, 2000 AD has inspired generations of readers and has spawned some of the greatest talents in the comics industry. To celebrate the creative droids behind the Galaxy's Greatest Comic, a selection of writers and artists from across 2000 AD's forty-year history were asked to choose their favourite one-off story by a fellow creator and explain why they chose it. The result is this incredible anthology featuring work by Alan Grant, Kevin O'Neill, Rob Williams, Brian Bolland, Chris Weston and Steve Dillon selected by creators such as founding editor Pat Mills, celebrated artist Jock and recent newcomer Tom Foster."

The Order: Die Mensch Machine
"In 13th Century Germany, while reading the papers of her dead father young Anna Kohl uncovers a shocking secret – that defending Earth from an other-worldly menace is a secret cadre of warriors known only as The Order. Now she, and her father's rag-tag former comrades, must do battle with the sinister forces of these eldritch creatures!  From Teutonic Knights with robot heads to gun-toting warriors in high speed pursuits on the streets of Elizabethan Engand, The Order is an incredible genre mash-up of medieval and Renaissance history, action movies, Michael Moorcock, Jack Vance, and Hammer Horror!"

[Amazon, do you have the right author bio?!?]

Kingdom - Aux Drift
"In the far future, mankind has been all but destroyed and survivors are forced to hide from 'Them' – giant insectile creatures that have taken over the world – with only savage genetically engineered dog-soldiers like Gene the Hackman to guard them. Having travelled the Earth without his pack, Gene now leads a band of mongrel "aux" warriors known as the Wild Bunch. They live alongside some human survivors in The Kingdom. But 'Them' are growing in number and the Kingdom is getting harder to defend..."

Judge Dredd: Complete Case Files 29
"The war on crime gets tougher, as the Justice Department (after Dredd's approval) unveil the brand new Lawgiver Mark II firearm!"

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Fungus

Some glorious covers there. I wouldn't usually consider an Anderson collection but Fabry is a hell of a salesman.

Dash Decent

CF29 is entirely written by Wagner & Grant.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Trent

Andy B

Rafael Garres drew 'Virtual Soldier', a Wagner 2-parter in the Prog that I do not even slightly remember

sheridan

Duncan Fegredo only ever drew two stories in the prog The Bad Juve and The Runner - both Dredd tales.  He did a few more for the Meg and some work in Crisis, but I think that's it for the House of Tharg...

sheridan

Quote from: Dash Decent on 23 August, 2016, 01:24:41 PM
The Order: Die Mensch Machine
[Amazon, do you have the right author bio?!?]
The things you can find out from amazon...
Quote from: amazonJohn Burns co-pastors with his wife, Helen Burns, at Victory Christian Centre in Vancouver, Canada. They host the internationally recognized program Family Success and local program Pure Sex and Relationships. He is author of Can We Talk? seminars and numerous teaching series. He has coauthored with his wife The Miracle of Friendship and The Best of Marriage Series. John and Helen have enjoyed twenty-seven years of marriage and are the parents of three daughters, Angela, Dancia, and Ashley.

Dash Decent

That's why I questioned it - I think they've confused two different John Burns.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

sheridan

Quote from: Dash Decent on 24 August, 2016, 02:47:59 AM
That's why I questioned it - I think they've confused two different John Burns.
Pretty sure of that myself, I was being facetious.

Robo-K33F

There will be a Deadworld and a Lawless trade on the 2017 schedule.

Steve Green

Rogue Judge

Looks like some great stuff! Definitely going to get Kingdom - Aux Drift, how many books of Kingdom are out if I want to catch up?

The Order: Die Mensch Machine sounds intriguing as well.

Also there is only volume 29 of Dredd CCF, does only one volume come out each year? Im slowly collecting all those as well.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 24 August, 2016, 03:54:05 PM
There will be a Deadworld and a Lawless trade on the 2017 schedule.

WAYHEY!!!!!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 24 August, 2016, 06:03:04 PM
Looks like some great stuff! Definitely going to get Kingdom - Aux Drift, how many books of Kingdom are out if I want to catch up?
Two: http://shop.2000adonline.com/categories/kingdom