Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills 2017

Started by Dash Decent, 23 August, 2016, 01:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

40th Anniversary Special

"To celebrate an incredible four decades of continuous weekly publication, 2000 AD marks its 40th birthday with a 48-page bumper special, packed with all-new stories from the cream of comics talent.

"There's a brand-new case for Judge Dredd courtesy of John Wagner and Steve Dillon; Hammerstein and Ro-Jaws take their revenge on Howard Quartz in 'Ro-Busters' by Pat Mills and Clint Langley; we return to the mad, mad world of Zombo by Al Ewing and Henry Flint; Nikolai Dante gets the party started in 'Devil May Care' by Robbie Morrison and Simon Fraser; a young Slaine shows that he's got what it takes to join the Red Branch, courtesy of Pat Mills and Simon Davis; plus much more!"

And look!  Carlos Ezquerra has even drawn some dots around the guns for us!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dash Decent on 11 January, 2017, 12:32:53 PMThere's a brand-new case for Judge Dredd courtesy of John Wagner and Steve Dillon
Wow!
We never really die.

Molch-R

Quote from: I, Cosh on 11 January, 2017, 01:13:52 PM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 11 January, 2017, 12:32:53 PMThere's a brand-new case for Judge Dredd courtesy of John Wagner and Steve Dillon
Wow!

FP's listing is out of date - Steve sadly passed away before he could start work on the strip. I believe it's now being drawn by Carl Critchlow.

blixab

Very sad that there won't be a postumous strip.

How many variant covers are planned for this 40th Anniversary Special or will it just be the one?

IndigoPrime

I somehow entirely missed Complete Future Shocks. Oh my. I so hope that gets enough purchases to warrant an ongoing collection.

Richard

My nomination for a future reprint is Third World War from Crisis. (First book only.)

Link Prime

Quote from: Dash Decent on 11 January, 2017, 12:32:53 PM
40th Anniversary Special

"To celebrate an incredible four decades of continuous weekly publication, 2000 AD marks its 40th birthday with a 48-page bumper special, packed with all-new stories from the cream of comics talent.

"There's a brand-new case for Judge Dredd courtesy of John Wagner and Steve Dillon; Hammerstein and Ro-Jaws take their revenge on Howard Quartz in 'Ro-Busters' by Pat Mills and Clint Langley; we return to the mad, mad world of Zombo by Al Ewing and Henry Flint; Nikolai Dante gets the party started in 'Devil May Care' by Robbie Morrison and Simon Fraser; a young Slaine shows that he's got what it takes to join the Red Branch, courtesy of Pat Mills and Simon Davis; plus much more!"

And look!  Carlos Ezquerra has even drawn some dots around the guns for us!

Sounds amazing.

A damn shame Steve Dillon never had the chance to contribute as planned.
Can I take a stab in the dark that the story will feature the return / final appearance of Judge Prager?
The Critchlow Droid was the only other artist to draw that character, and it just feels like something TMO would do.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Richard on 11 January, 2017, 08:20:12 PM
My nomination for a future reprint is Third World War from Crisis. (First book only.)

Careful what you wish for...

Rogue Judge

In another thread I was discussing my desire to read Alan Moors collection of future shocks, however, the Complete Future Shocks might me a more worthwhile investment.

IndigoPrime

The Alan Moore book is superb, and it's notable that a lot of it includes Time Twisters, too. (I suppose they might be in the FS volume, but who knows?)

The Monarch

Huh it never occured to me rebellion outright owns tornado and starlord now and not just the stuff that merged into the prog. I am slow xd

O Lucky Stevie!

So we can assume that the Mind Wars, Timequake & Starlord Stront in colour collections are scheduled for the 40th anniversary of Tooth's sister comic in 2018 then?  ;)

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Rogue Judge

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 January, 2017, 10:03:24 PM
The Alan Moore book is superb, and it's notable that a lot of it includes Time Twisters, too. (I suppose they might be in the FS volume, but who knows?)

Considering I have little experience with FS and comments like yours, I think I'll get the Alan Moore book to begin with - thanks. I have not heard of Time Twisters, although I assume they are similar to FS if they are included.

Regarding that Starlord cover above, what kind of badge did it come with? If I was a lad in the late 70's that would have been very enticing!

sheridan

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 12 January, 2017, 11:33:18 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 January, 2017, 10:03:24 PM

Considering I have little experience with FS and comments like yours, I think I'll get the Alan Moore book to begin with - thanks. I have not heard of Time Twisters, although I assume they are similar to FS if they are included.

Regarding that Starlord cover above, what kind of badge did it come with? If I was a lad in the late 70's that would have been very enticing!

My copy doesn't have a badge, but I believe they had one of six types of sticker, each depicting a different regiment of starlord troopers.

With artwork by Kevin O'Neill, by the looks of it.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: sheridan on 13 January, 2017, 08:22:35 AM
Quote from: Rogue Judge on 12 January, 2017, 11:33:18 PM
My copy doesn't have a badge, but I believe they had one of six types of sticker, each depicting a different regiment of starlord troopers.

With artwork by Kevin O'Neill, by the looks of it.

So obviously by Kevin O'Neill.

I think that somehow I ended up with two of these. Robot regiment and Tank Commander. I drove over one with an armchair so it's a bit battered.