Main Menu

Lapsed Fan Saying "Hi"

Started by Stephen Parry, 30 March, 2016, 06:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Parry

Hi there, folks. Lapsed fan here (at least twelve years!). You know how it is: things get in the way, you fall out of habits, you spend your money on essentials, etc.

I was happy to jump on board again last week with Prog #1973. Excellent jumping-on point, it would seem. I look forward to reading more issues and I look forward to reading people's comments here.

Good to be here!

Fungus

Hello there Stephen, you took your time...

Actually, 12 years is not the chasm of time you think, for me and plenty others. It's standard!

ZenArcade

Hi Stephen only 12 years of catching up...you'll have no bother. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Colin YNWA

Well come back aboard and hope you enjoy the forum. My rough guess is you stopped around issue 1400 ish there's some glorious stuff coming your way if you decide to fill that gap.

Stephen Parry

Thanks for the welcome, people. Catching up will be daunting, but most rewarding.  ;)

maryanddavid

Gus W

Hello from a fellow lapsed newbie...

The Legendary Shark

Borags, Stephen. Welcome to the coolest place on the web!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Stephen Parry

Really appreciate the greetings, thank you.

Zenith 666

Twelve years!shame on you but still your just in time for book six of Halo Jones and the return of Dan Dare and oh yeah Johnny Alphas alive.i recommend you start your catch up with Dredd Apocalypse war 2.Welcome back.

ZenArcade

Dredd is killed off around prog 1666.....a real pisser I know!!   But we got over it. We love how his illicit clone daughter Josephine Dredd has taken over the reins.  Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Zenith 666

She's a big woman our Josephine.

Stephen Parry

Really appreciate all the welcomes, people!

sheridan

Welcome back into the fold (unless you get digital, which don't have folded pieces of paper)!

Stephen Parry

Thanks Sheridan!

When I jumped back on board, I did try digital, but, as with other publications, I cannot get used to it. Yes, it's cheaper, I know. And convenient. But I have to have paper in my hand, have to smell the paper, too. ;)

Plus, if a wasp enters the room, I'd rather swipe my magazine at it than hit it with my Chromebook.