Main Menu

Duncan Jones wants to make a 2000 AD film

Started by Emperor, 12 March, 2010, 03:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: Emperor on 01 April, 2011, 03:46:24 PM

Seriously, someone should drop him a line and suggest speaking to Tharg about doing something for 2000AD, if they haven't already...

or the other way round?
DDT did a job on me

Emperor

Quote from: Proudhuff on 01 April, 2011, 03:57:01 PM

Seriously, someone should drop him a line and suggest speaking to Tharg about doing something for 2000AD, if they haven't already...

or the other way round?

Tharg should drop someone a line and suggest they speak to Duncan Jones?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Buddy

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 27 March, 2011, 10:43:52 PM
I'd sooner see him do Rogue Trooper. Those internal aspects of the character and his bio-chips would be apt for his style.

He'd be great for Rogue Trooper.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Emperor on 03 April, 2011, 03:31:07 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 01 April, 2011, 03:57:01 PM

or the other way round?

Tharg should drop someone a line and suggest they speak to Duncan Jones?

I preferred it the other way.

dweezil2

In responce to this topic's title:

Let him, let him, LET HIM!

Halo Jones or ABC Warriors would be nice!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

JOE SOAP

Halo Jones ain't really suited for a two hour film, more for telly, if even. Rogue Trooper would be a better choice.

dweezil2

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 03 April, 2011, 10:26:24 PM
Halo Jones ain't really suited for a two hour film, more for telly, if even. Rogue Trooper would be a better choice.

Hell! Make it a trilogy, I won't complain! :D

A Rogue Trooper movie would be equally cool.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

mygrimmbrother

This really should happen. Will somebody please talk to somebody.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: dweezil2 on 04 April, 2011, 01:36:19 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 03 April, 2011, 10:26:24 PM

Hell! Make it a trilogy, I won't complain! :D

It's not it's length, it's how it plays and paced which is episodic.

IndigoPrime

The two films he's helmed so far have been somewhat claustrophobic and with a clear psychological bent, and so it'd be interesting to know what he would pick, rather than what we think he should. Looking at Barney, I find it tricky to see a match when considering Moon and Source Code (not that Jones would necessarily want to make a film along similar thematic or atmospheric lines), but one story did spring to mind: Killing Time.

Buddy

Actually with the [spoiler]cloning[/spoiler] elements of MOON and the [spoiler]personality implant[/spoiler] elements of SOURCE CODE you have the seeds of a Rogue Trooper film right there.

* I know RT isn't a [spoiler]clone[/spoiler] but it doesn't take a massive leap of the imagination to connect to two.

Rio De Fideldo

Silo was quite claustrophobic but not particularly typical of 2000ad

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Richard T Field on 04 April, 2011, 07:59:46 PM
Silo was quite claustrophobic but not particularly typical of 2000ad

It did rather wear its movie influences a little too openly. This worked fine in a comic strip but would need to be looked at before it could become a movie? Still one of Mark Millar's better offerings for the Galaxies Greatest.

malkymac

Quote from: Buddy on 04 April, 2011, 05:06:20 PM
Actually with the [spoiler]cloning[/spoiler] elements of MOON and the [spoiler]personality implant[/spoiler] elements of SOURCE CODE you have the seeds of a Rogue Trooper film right there.

* I know RT isn't a [spoiler]clone[/spoiler] but it doesn't take a massive leap of the imagination to connect to two.

I thought Rogue Trooper was a clone. In 'the war machine' he was a clone of the guy that owned the corporation.

Buddy

Quote from: malkymac on 05 April, 2011, 12:34:13 PM
Quote from: Buddy on 04 April, 2011, 05:06:20 PM

I thought Rogue Trooper was a clone. In 'the war machine' he was a clone of the guy that owned the corporation.

There ya go then..... Jones for RT!!