Main Menu

The New Slaine - A Simple Killing - Book Plate & Regular

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 19 December, 2014, 03:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

ThryllSeekyr

I think there is a conflict between my bank card and Sage-Pay.

They keep sending me a error message that my card has been blocked, and yet when I contact my bank. They tell me this is not the case and I don't have problem using it anywhere else.

Davek

Loved the art on this, will stick to the regular edition though I think.

TordelBack

Pawed the regular edition in FP yesterday. As soon as I can get through a mountain of bills for swimming lessons and soccer boots (seriously, is January the best time to be asking for these things?), it's next on the list. In collected form the full-bleed art looks even more stunning, easily the equal of any previous Slaine volume, and there's oodles of extra material in the back. My one reservation would be the reuse of concept (?) art for the cover - given SBD's genius for stylish portrait covers, I wish Tharg had sprung for something new. Other than that, this is perfection.

Hawkmumbler

I saw an advance copy Simon had at his table at Thought Bubble and indeed it was a magnificent volume.

ThryllSeekyr

I hope the rare edition does not sell out before next week, because I want a copy and I'm having debt problems as well I seem to be bleeding money.

If I don't spend money on something, it disappears from my account anyway.

Not to mention Sage-Pay keep sending me error messages that my card or bank account is blocked when ever I try to send them money through it.

Yet, I can still use that card and my bank account aside from that.

It's a very odd problem I might contact Sage Pay soon, otherwise, I was wondering when the online shop would let me use Pay Pal or my card directly......

Look, I commented about this earlier...

ThryllSeekyr

or otherwise show me where I could get the very same book....

Ebay as far as I know are not selling the special edition.

ThryllSeekyr

TordelBack

Sorry TS, I'd like to be able to help you (others here have done similar for me in the past) but I just don't have the plastic to do it at the moment.  I'd advise contacting the Future Shop and asking them what they can do about reserving one for you, but I suspect you could be safe enough for a week or two.   

More generally, I still worry about your bank situation.  Have you looked into the possible connection between your losing your cards recently and the drain on your account, or indeed the fact that some services have you blocked?  Even if there is nothing dodgy going on, you need to find out where/why the money is going. I think tackling these problems might be even more pressing than the specific issue of ordering Slaine.

ThryllSeekyr

Fair enough.....

As for my other problem, I think it's my fault really...it's just hat I'm in a bit of debt since I brought this new computer and I'm still paying it off since I have been more careless with money over the last year  than I have useally. I have been saving it for the last few years and suddenly blew it all nearly two year earlier when  I went on mad spending spree on Drive-Thru-RPG.Com and a lot of second gaming books from other places as well as this online shop.

Then I needed this computer and go the special bit of plastic to pay for it up front and now I still paying that off due my own terrible money managing skills.

Yet, I do smell a rat!

I will look into it, but it's just that I noticed there have been few transactions that I can't identify on a number of my past bank statements.

Who ever has been doing this probably knows they will get away with this more because I have been careless wit he money any way.

Anyway, I understand if nobody can help.....

Like I said this is more a personal problem between Sage-Way and my bank card.

Any chance of the online shop letting me pay through Pay-Pal.

J.Smith

Bookplate edition arrived this morning (#15 myself). Another terrific book in the Slaine hardcover line. Alas, with the change of artist, the spine design has changed a wee bit but not to any unusual extremity like those bloody paperbacks.

One cool thing to note is that the book boasts what I think is probably one of the best extras sections of any 2000AD book, keeping in line with the other Slaine hardcovers and their small wee extras. It's pages from Simon Davis' sketchbook with plenty of commentary from him and examples of how he goes from rough watercolours to the finished page. Really great stuff!

ThryllSeekyr

Bad news for me.....

Can't get the book plate edition or the regular graphic from through any of my local comic book retailers.

They mostly order through Diamond-Distributors, who don't any 2000 AD if any at all.

If they do, then it's either second hand or something I don't even want.

Ebay are only selling the regular, edition.

I may have to contact Sage-Pay again to fix my problem a the source.

vark

ThryllSeekyr