Main Menu

Mezco Judge Dredd!

Started by Grugz, 22 July, 2014, 07:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie1000013

Is there anyway to get replacement bits for these figures like  a daystick and cuffs? I've lost most of the bits because the cat likes to kill Dredd off my window sill lol.

Dash Decent

It would be great if they did accessory packs that gave you some extra hands, spare guns and knives etc, maybe some new guns and a cup of no-caff.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Spikes

...and I'll repeat my call for a rad-cloak, along with the big gun that disco Dredd has.

But a grand idea, which would be brilliant to see realised.

I seem to recall the Star Wars figures of old had accessory pack available during their initial run.
They knew how to please the faithful,  ;)

moly

Does anyone have a photo with all of the mezco judge Dredd including the b&w next to each other ? Thank you

TheTooN

There ya go moly. Accessories are a bit mixed about but its all I had on the PC. Shotty goes with blue who is also missing his Rad cloak. Hope it helps.

COMMANDO FORCES

TheTooN

Hahaha ! Its an old pic guv honest ;)

First pics I took were really awful, I've since learned to leave badge, belt, zip alone until the figs in the right pose. Once happy, twist the gloves around so the pockets face out, make sure the belt sits at the correct height, badge is in correct position and vertical. And finally the zips up as far as it goes in case John see's it  :lol: Zip's dont behave very well tho, its that bloody chin !!

Dash Decent

Quote from: Spikes on 27 July, 2016, 04:35:50 PM
I seem to recall the Star Wars figures of old had accessory pack available during their initial run.

We had a couple of those.  They were great!  I think I've got the grappling hook harness and respirators in a box somewhere.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

dweezil2

Quote from: Dash Decent on 28 July, 2016, 01:36:03 PM
Quote from: Spikes on 27 July, 2016, 04:35:50 PM

We had a couple of those.  They were great!  I think I've got the grappling hook harness and respirators in a box somewhere.

Coincidently, found these very things while going through some boxes in the garage recently.

I seem to recall cutting out and sending off some name tags from the backing cards to redeem them for an Empire Strikes Back related promotion, around the time of the film's release.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

moly

Cheers the toon, still trying to decide which one but think Im leaning to the black and white

Judge Brian

DCBS tole me they get some of their toys late because they are a "secondary seller". What ever that is. :(

Dash Decent

Quote from: dweezil2 on 28 July, 2016, 04:10:54 PM
I seem to recall cutting out and sending off some name tags from the backing cards to redeem them for an Empire Strikes Back related promotion, around the time of the film's release.

From memory we had to send in five round 'tokens' cut from the backing card the figures were attached to.  My brother and I had hung on to all the cards for all the figures we ever got (so we could keep the pictures of the characters; we had no idea about future collection value or any of that malarkey).  We were able to send off for two sets straight away, no sweat.  As a kid, that was so great!  The kits were also good because they came with some extra guns which solved some of the problems with characters being bundled with wrong guns (e.g. Bespin Han coming with some other gun rather than his DL-44, not that the accessory kit solved that).
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

TheTooN

Quote from: moly on 28 July, 2016, 06:28:48 PM
Cheers the toon, still trying to decide which one but think Im leaning to the black and white

Any time mate, love these to bits. Black and white has always been my favourite, brings back happy memories reading the 'bog paper' progs ;)

Took another pic (with zips up !) and a couple more of PX Dredd. Thanks to John for pointing out the dress code violation. I had fun playing with them again as always. 48 going on 8  :rolleyes:

@Judge Brian

I've pre-ordered a couple of time online and seen stock come in everywhere else 'but' who I chose. I just bought elsewhere and cancelled with no problem. Customer services lady said they buy up unsold stock so its a little later than everyone else. Usually cheaper though. They did eventually get the PX bike set in for £160 which was a bargain. Dont know if thats the same with your lot but it could make sense.

Good luck with it.

teckno viking

Mezco do not do replacement parts.

Radcloaks will either be sought after or make your own.
Rifle and other acc's possibly see being casted and sold?

TheTooN

SDCC set arrived. Collar/zip have been improved ! I hope that will carry onto the final blue variant. Much easier to pose without his chin opening the zip now, especially on the bike when he's looking down the handlebars. SDCC fig on left. Lower collar, shortened zip on SDCC compared to NYCC, black and blue.

Bike's white parts have a hand painted feel to them, quite different to the 1st 2 bikes. Shoulder pads even more so, distinct paint lines. It wouldnt work on a colour figure but its good on b/w.

Couple of oddities on the packaging pics. Glass at rear is show red as the 1st 2 bikes but its actually clear like the front lights. Screen display is shown as green as 1st 2 bikes but its actually white. No mention of SDCC at all, printed Mezco Direct Exclusive badge on one side and a silvery sticker saying the same on the opposite side.