Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy

Jade Falcon

Hmm, that is one I have read.  Decent story, but I prefer it when I get something I haven't read before.  I guess it will be just Necropolis.  No Young Death or any other 'aftermath' stories.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

Issue 41 is The Day the Law Died, which erroneously has the Necropolis synopsis on its rear cover. It's supported by Helter Skelter. Next month is Half Life (Anderson) and The Art of Taxidermy.

Jade Falcon

Helter Skelter doesn't ring any bells, I've read the Day the Law Died but will be happy enough to get it.  I assume we'll be getting the Judge Child at some point?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

Judge Child is reportedly coming in about a year's time.

sheridan

IndigoPrime

I actually enjoyed re-reading it in this book. It seemed fine in the context of the collection, and held together reasonably well. It would certainly a lot more solid than Inferno.

The Monarch

Young death is coming in about a month or two it'll likely have my name is death and the cursed earth death story with it

TordelBack

Probably have to get that one myself! I love the Irving Death stuff, and while I'm not mad about the story in Young Death, I do love Doherty's art. Plus Tales of Deadworld has me on an unexpected Dark Judges kick, that may even cause me to get the Half Life volume too. At my age.  Long and Kendall have a lot to answer for.

Apestrife

Just looked through INFERNO. Fair to say it's to Dredd what All star Batman and Robin is to Batman? Mental to say the least. And for what it's worth, quite entertaining. "Eat saw pigface!" haha.

Rately

Quote from: Tordelback on 27 July, 2016, 03:29:40 PM
Probably have to get that one myself! I love the Irving Death stuff, and while I'm not mad about the story in Young Death, I do love Doherty's art. Plus Tales of Deadworld has me on an unexpected Dark Judges kick, that may even cause me to get the Half Life volume too. At my age.  Long and Kendall have a lot to answer for.

I've been looking to get Young Death in some form for a few years now, even during my break from reading comics, i was always on the lookout for it.

Well, i've no excuse now, and looking forward to seeing some Doherty art. Shame he doesn't produce a lot, but his stuff is always worth the wait.

Judge Brian

James Stacey

I was expecting the last issue of the Marvel partwork this month and instead get 2 issues, and the news its been extended from a run of 120 to 150. Wonder if Pat and Dyl are working on a Dredd spine picture extension?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: James Stacey on 01 August, 2016, 10:24:17 AMI was expecting the last issue of the Marvel partwork this month and instead get 2 issues, and the news its been extended from a run of 120 to 150.
Good grief. That one's never going to end, is it?