Main Menu

Comics you are excited about in 2016

Started by Colin YNWA, 10 August, 2015, 07:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Hawkmumbler

Theblazeuk

Aw yis.

And the best part is my wife won't even know until we get it.

Theblazeuk

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 April, 2016, 09:38:11 AM
If you still haven't picked up my favourite book to work on, Giant Days, perhaps its double Eisner nomination (Best Ongoing and Best Writer for John Allison) might persuade you to take a look! Two TPBs now available, plus the monthly book never requires a huge amount of fore-knowledge to get to grips with.

Cheers

Jim

I will have to look closer at the credits next time, nice to know I own something you've worked on :)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 29 April, 2016, 11:10:28 AM
nice to know I own something you've worked on :)

We'll always have Prog 1929... :-)

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 18 December, 2015, 02:05:45 PM
Guys!
Guys!!
HEY GUYS!!!

MEZOLITH volume TWO is finally up for pre-order at Amazon UK (again)!

Archaia, 96 pages, 13th September 2016.

Let's hope it doesn't fall through again this time!

"It is true that we are all children of mother Red Hand, but you are Kansa - and the honor ofthe Kansa is at stake. Don't let it be said that you lack courage!"

10,000 years ago, the Kansa tribe live on the eastern shores of Stone Age Britain, where danger is never far away. Step by step, Poika's journey into manhood continues - caught in a mesh of tribal hunts, gatherings, and feasts determined by the waxing and waning of thirteen moons.

But he's not alone. Greed, appetite, and desire dance under watchful eyes in the shadows. The boundary between the real and imagined worlds blur as more and more of the Kansa cosmology is revealed in the dreams, nightmares, and ancestral beauty of Mezolith."

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

Forgotten this was coming. Hopefully worth the wait.

Hawkmumbler

It's about time I went out and bought Mezolith #1 I reckon...

Hawkmumbler

Kenta Shinohara returns to the Jump with his new Arias Lost In Space series. Getting Eureka-7 vibes from this, and looks like it could be interesting.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-08/sket-dance-kenta-shinohara-launches-astra-lost-in-space-manga/.101742

Spaceghost

Quote from: Dash Decent on 09 May, 2016, 01:31:19 PM
Guys!
Guys!!
HEY GUYS!!!

Archaia, 96 pages, 13th September 2016.

Let's hope it doesn't fall through again this time!

"It is true that we are all children of mother Red Hand, but you are Kansa - and the honor ofthe Kansa is at stake. Don't let it be said that you lack courage!"

10,000 years ago, the Kansa tribe live on the eastern shores of Stone Age Britain, where danger is never far away. Step by step, Poika's journey into manhood continues - caught in a mesh of tribal hunts, gatherings, and feasts determined by the waxing and waning of thirteen moons.

But he's not alone. Greed, appetite, and desire dance under watchful eyes in the shadows. The boundary between the real and imagined worlds blur as more and more of the Kansa cosmology is revealed in the dreams, nightmares, and ancestral beauty of Mezolith."

Absolutely brilliant. I had no idea this was in the works and I'm very excited.

Volume one is fantastic and it's a big favourite with my kids too.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

CrazyFoxMachine

Blimey took 'em long enough  :D Can't wait the first was a random buy at Thought Bubble four years ago or so and I loved it!

I, Cosh

Kept meaning to say that I saw a handsome German edition of volume 1 in the New Arrivals section of my local comic shop a few weeks ago. No idea how common this is, but perhaps it's the international interest which has given them the incentive to get on with number 2.
We never really die.

Hawkmumbler

The second volume of The Guido Crepax Collection: The Time Eater and Other Stories, out in december. I still need to get the first volume come to think of it...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1606999737/ref=pd_aw_sim_14_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=61VI0rtkbJL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL130_SR130%2C130_&refRID=NWZK2X9EDGFMNZ7NY9RV

Colin YNWA

So doshy numb nut that I am I'd forgotten there was a Nexus Omnibus 7 coming out in a month -WAYHEY

Reason I've been reminded was discovering there's a Nexus Omnibus 8 coming out before the end of the year - DOUBLE WAYHEY

Oh and more Resident Alien in August - Triple WAYHEY-HEY BOOMSHACKA

Dark Horse Solicitations are da bomb dis month (hark on me and my young folk speak)