Main Menu

The Eagle is Back!

Started by maryanddavid, 15 March, 2016, 01:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

Myself and Amstor are VERY proud to bring the Eagle back, here's the promo..

The Eagle Adventure Special will only available to buy in our on-line shop http://www.comicsy.co.uk/hibernia/

Reminiscent of the Holiday Special of the eighties, The Eagle Adventure Special collects classic stories of characters like Dan Dare, Doomlord, Comrad Bronski and much more.
Cover to cover comic action from talents like John Wagner, Jim Bakie, Alan Grant, Cam Kennedy, Alan Hebden, John M Burns, Alan Moore, Carlos Ezquerra, Ian Kennedy and many more, its not to be missed.
Buy it now to avoid disappointment, please allow 10 days for delivery, usually MUCH faster, but the vagaries of the postal system have to be accounted for.

More on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/HiberniaComics/photos/a.335130923265078.72609.327287150716122/846568842121281/?type=3&theater

TordelBack

You're a madman, David. Looks fantastic.

Hawkmumbler

Nabbed myself a copy and pimping on ever media platform open to me. You boys deserve it!

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Tordelback on 15 March, 2016, 02:03:11 PM
You're a madman, David. Looks fantastic.

It's a cracker, even if I do say so myself! David's picked a smashing selection of tales that show off why the '80s Eagle is still so fondly remembered, and they've been polished up to present them in the best possible light in a format I hope everyone will appreciate.

Hell, there's even a maze in there for readers to complete to give it the real holiday special feel! (though no refunds if you draw on it in crayon and ruin your copy! ;) )

TordelBack

Didn't mean to imply that you're any saner, Amstor!

Colin YNWA

It funny but I think Hibernia are the only publisher I can think of whose product I buy with barely a thought needing to pass through noggin. They've never out a foot wrong and with the creative line-up listed here its easy to see why. Order quicker than you can say 'I'd better order that wonderful looking new collection from Hibernia'

The only downside to any of this is the fact I know when I've finished it there will be several strips I'll desperate want to see more of!

Oh and THANK YOU for giving us more Doomlord and with Jim Baikie on art - can't wait!

maryanddavid

Thanks for the support lads, Richard has pulled out all the stops on this collection, the art looks great, he has managed to make digital printing look like litho. He has done a superb recolouring job too. First batch will be in the post tomorrow and Hawk yours was first ordered so will be first in the Post Office!

Prodigal2

Hibernia make me feel like 52 going on 14. That's genuinely priceless.

Thanks guys for all that you are doing.

Dandontdare

I'll be ordering this when I get home.

Never been disappointed with a Hibernia publication - David and the Amstor Computer have been doing a grand job preserving and republishing some classic material with excellent reproduction quality.

Cyber-Matt

Out of curiosity, do the creators receive any reprint fees for their material being repackaged in these collections?

maryanddavid

Bat King

This is brilliant.

My review got delayed in a pesky PC fault I've been suffering with but I managed to get it written today.

It is in the usual place.

As others have said Hibernia really do deliver brilliant reprints and Amstor has kindly agreed that I can share a couple of images that show examples of the Restoration he does to present these titles to the world again.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Hawkmumbler

Welp my copy just turned up and after drooling over some of the interior art on a flick through (Ian Kennedy?! King Carlos?! Jose Ortiz?!) this will be read immediately this evening with a nice bottle of cider and  The Clash and Stranglers in the background to try and get those 80's vibes going!

Absolutely beautiful work, once again from David and Amstor.

The Amstor Computer

Glad you're both happy with how it's turned out!

Prodigal2

Got it, Read it, Loved it. The sun was shining and I had a summer special.