Main Menu

The Eagle is Back!

Started by maryanddavid, 15 March, 2016, 01:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

Delight ye are enjoying it, it proving very popular!  :)

Hawkmumbler

Yeah, it's bloody fantastic stuff! The Doomlord comic is just the kind of british comic cheese I love so much and make's me hancker for a complete run of the series. Please you wonderful, wonderful chaps do consider releasing the whole series!

maryanddavid

Love to Hawk, time will tell!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: maryanddavid on 22 March, 2016, 07:20:09 PM
Love to Hawk, time will tell!

Now don't be teasing us. More Doomlord would be incredible. For all the fantastic stuff you've put out Doomlord is still my favourite.

Colin YNWA

As is appropriate I've managed to stretch out reading this over a couple of train journeys with a bit left over for after a busy day out today. For all the talk of quality, lets not forget the simple quantity we get here. A let of bang for ya buck.

The quality is also undenible. The stories, while of varied impact, as is always expected from an anthology all all uniformly beautiful on the eye and all incredibly readable and fun.

Another top notch product from the best publisher on the market (well yeah Rebellion aside of course!)

maryanddavid

Thanks Colin, to be honest the story choice is easy, the artwork that appeared in the Eagle was great!

Its going down really well, and it our fastest selling release ever! It selling fast, I dont expect to have many copies left in a week or so.

Gus W

Mine arrived today. Great bit of Nostalgia! Loved Doomlord in particular.

Thanks David for putting this out there.

Stephen Parry

I shall be buying. I mean, come on, Doomlord! Brilliant.

Anyone remember the strip "Mask of Evil" in the 80s? Not sure how it ended. My purchases of the comic were sporadic at best. Like a lot of others, it all depended on the whims of the local newsagents.

This is going to bring back a lot of memories!

By the way, I know Eagle merged with MASK around 1988, but didn't it also merge with some sci-fi comic around 1989/1990?

Stephen Parry

That's the one. Thank you!

I remember it vaguely. If memory serves me right, there was a strip called "Joe Alien".

Gus W

I think that strip was previously in Wildcat, and then reappeared in the merged title, but like you I only got sporadic copies, so it is all a bit hazy! I think that was the late 80s when I had already just about stopped reading comics altogether.

Stephen Parry

For almost the entire 80s, I could not keep up with who merged with who. Need to write a list down, I think!

Gus W

Yup, there will be a few of us in that boat!  :)

maryanddavid

There's only a handful Eagle Adventure Specials and The Dracula Files left in the shop, get them while you can! http://www.comicsy.co.uk/hibernia/

The good news is that I have planned the Eagle Adventure Winter Special for later in the year, hopefully in time for Christmas.
I have a good idea of the contents, but if there is any specific stories or Amstor File etc, let me know!