Main Menu

DC Rebirth

Started by Colin YNWA, 27 March, 2016, 11:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacob g

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 25 April, 2016, 01:22:46 PM
Quote from: Old Tankie on 25 April, 2016, 01:18:58 PM
Shelly Bond is leaving Vertigo. I hear she is a great editor, so don't know what is happening there.
DC's current editor is a habitual sex offender. The biggest reason why, despite curiosity, I will not be buying any Rebirth books and buy reprints through second had sources.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/comics-toxic-heritage-strikes-again-as-dc-editor-named-as-sexual-harasser/

I remember that Greg Rucka demanded that if he's gonna work again under DC (I mean his recent return to WW) he need to be sure he'll not be working with some editor, so I guess it was all about this guy?
margaritas ante porcos

Professor Bear

Bizarrely, I only knew of the name Eddie Berganza because years ago on the Occasional Superheroine blog, Valerie D'Orazio was defending him against claims of sexism - though in retrospect, the defence was pretty much "he has a daughter and a mother, how could he possibly hate women?"

Colin YNWA

Yeah Eddie Berganza sounds like an absolute horrorbag and has been through what is apparently Warner Brother 'rigourus' HR disciplinary procedures and had to do all sorts. Still a little shocking and for an age that he still holds such a high profile position. He was kept anyway from public facing activity and its sounds like (well rumour has it) he won't be going to Comic Con as all this has been unearthed.

That said its unrelated to Shelly Bond losing her job, which by all accounts is a crying shame. Again the rumour mongers have it she won't be without a job for long BUT has relocated to Burbank and as such moved a young family to have this happen to her.

On a selfish note I worry for some of the excellent books she's fostered, specifically Unfollow.

Professor Bear

Yeah, moving someone to the opposite coast knowing full well you're going to fire them the second their contractual protections expire is a shitheel move.

Hawkmumbler

I was under the impression Shelly Bond was one of the members of the DC staff who filed (very vocal and none discreet) complaints about Berganza back in 2010, and several times since, and now SOMETHING has broken the camels back and she decided to leave the toxic snake house. Probably for the better.

I could be completely wrong however, and we have very active members in the comic book creating circle here who are probably more clued up than I am.

Colin YNWA

My understanding, but this is just from what I've read about this is the two aren't connected and she just counting the cost of not turning Vertigo's sales around - which when you consider the quality of a number of the comcis that haven't made it is real shame. It was always an up hill struggle.

The Monarch

Theres spoilers floating around utterly baffling spoilers try to avoid them!

COMMANDO FORCES

I read them, as they just popped into my news feed. Rather interesting to say the least.

The Adventurer

I wasn't going to buy the Rebirth issue, but I had to know.

Two things, 1 apparently optimism is back in a big way. 2, DC sure knows how to court controversy for no particular reason.

Cautiously optimistic? If they would just give me a Legion* title, I'd happily support them again.

*LoSH, or L.E.G.I.O.N even, I'm not picky!

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

Well they wen there. Didn't think they'd do that but as a story telling tool having.... that particular character around... is useful I guess.

As the return of one of my old favourites should excit me a lot more than it does but maybe I'm done with it all... lets see if I break...

Hawkmumbler

I'm sorry, someone fill me in i've missed something!

Colin YNWA

Hawkmumbler

Well thats...urm...a thing thats happening. Still not sold on Rebirth but from an outsiders POV this could be interesting!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 21 May, 2016, 09:09:24 AM
Well thats...urm...a thing thats happening. Still not sold on Rebirth but from an outsiders POV this could be interesting!

Yeah but from another POV lets just wait for the RAGGGGGEEEEEEE hey...

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 21 May, 2016, 09:25:03 AM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 21 May, 2016, 09:09:24 AM

Yeah but from another POV lets just wait for the RAGGGGGEEEEEEE hey...
Well that one article features more vitriol at Moore's expense than i've seen in quite awhile. Never read the comments section kids!