Main Menu

X-Men Apocalypse

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 17 July, 2015, 12:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

So of the many many reveals of the San Diego Film & TV Convention was Apocalypse:

(as well as Storm with a mohawk & Psylocke)

Some say he looks like Ivan Ooze from Power Rangers:

Some say that Marvel Studios' CG Thanos had the right idea in terms of bulk:

Some say that even without CG some cosplayers have done it better than Fox:

I say - it's probably not the biggest irritation in the world but it's an intriguing design choice given how accurate they've gone with Psylocke.

Link Prime

The big A has had several different designs (and even host bodies) over the years, but I think they missed a trick by not including some of his more commonly recognizable facial features.

I always liked the idea that he was really a millennia old rotting husk inside a large armored shell (as portrayed in 'The Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix' if I recall).

Anyway- I have a lot of faith in Singer and his team, and am looking forward to this.

Psylocke looks great there too by the way.
And Storm has a mohawk- 'Nuff said.

Greg M.

Quote from: Link Prime on 17 July, 2015, 12:25:25 PM
The big A has had several different designs (and even host bodies) over the years, but I think they missed a trick by not including some of his more commonly recognizable facial features.

You're a sucker for the big blue lips too, aren't ya?

Link Prime

You don't wanna go there!

Professor Bear

"ICE to see you, X-Men!"
"I am afraid my mutation has left me COLD to your pleas for mercy!"

I see they have gone with the Caucasian version of Psylocke, so I'll be staying away from American comics forums for a while.

Link Prime

Quote from: Scolaighe Ó'Bear on 17 July, 2015, 12:32:46 PM
I see they have gone with the Caucasian version of Psylocke, so I'll be staying away from American comics forums for a while.

Munn is of mixed ethnicity- I genuinely think she fits the role perfectly.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Link Prime on 17 July, 2015, 12:39:44 PM
Munn is of mixed ethnicity- I genuinely think she fits the role perfectly.

To be fair, that probably won't stop comic fans freaking out, given that some of them have already had a meltdown over the fact that Storm is taller than Apocalypse in that photo, apparently unable to comprehend that she might be standing closer to the camera.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Link Prime

There is one character that I expect (and hope) will be included in the line-up, and that they stay faithful to the excellent design; "Death"

Dr Feeley Good

Apocalypse looks shocking !!

CrazyFoxMachine

Famous Mortimer

I'm more annoyed that they picked Munn, who has never shown the slightest ability to act in anything she's been in. It's like a dare to see how far they can push her before movie fans riot, or something.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: SteveMillar on 17 July, 2015, 05:21:09 PM
Apocalypse looks shocking !!

You can see a sort of snake theme in the design.From straight on he looks like he's wearing a cobra hood which humans consider threatening and seems like a good idea for the designer to follow. But the character seems a bit weedy though I doubt even Scharze-muscles would have been beefy enough to fill out the costume.  Also the comic book version of Apocalypse is pretty iconic something I think most Marvel comic fans would hate to see messed with and this attempt at Apocalypse seems lame even to me.

Perhaps when the Movies trailer comes out it might look better.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Dandontdare

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on 18 July, 2015, 04:31:49 PM
I'm more annoyed that they picked Munn, who has never shown the slightest ability to act in anything she's been in. It's like a dare to see how far they can push her before movie fans riot, or something.

But ... but.. she's been in a Rob Schneider movie.

ROB SCHNEIDER!

I got that off Wiki, and the only other thing I've seen of hers is Iron Man II where she (apparently) played a reporter. A busy but not very stellar career it seems.

Goaty

Well people does say that about Quicksliver in last film, wonder how that went when it finally on screen?

Wait and see!

CrazyFoxMachine

A leaked new Apocalypse image doesn't look half bad -

Source (with additional image o' Nightcrawler, Cyclops & Sansa Grey: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=124952#.VfLQMv5ZwTs.twitter)

Lets hope they shoot him from that angle the whole film. It's strange thinking of him as Apocalypse after watching him portray an ambitious-yet-adorably earnest former mayor of Yonkers in David Simon's Show Me a Hero (worth a serious look btw).