X-Men Apocalypse

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 17 July, 2015, 12:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

That does looks good. Trailer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bgQcilG-7as

But they need to really stop with "Director of..."

ThryllSeekyr

Same villain from Guardians of the Galaxy.

CrazyFoxMachine

Christ that looks hokey. I also completely forgot that Mystique was the main saviour and leader of the X-Men.  :o

Professor Bear

Is that the trailer for the movie or the video game?

TordelBack

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 11 December, 2015, 06:11:41 PM
...Mystique was the main saviour and leader of the X-Men.  :o

Hey, you don't pay the transfer fee for Lawrence and leave her on the bench...

The Enigmatic Dr X

I was more stoked by the Kung Fu Panda 3 trailer that YouTube linked to after I watched that.
Lock up your spoons!

CrazyFoxMachine

Old Xtrilogy:                           New Xtrilogy:

X-Men 1                                    First Class
X- Men 2                                   Days of Future Past
X3: The Last Stand                  Apocalypse

Makes sense.

Keef Monkey

Trailer doesn't come off very well, felt very bland and cheap to me. Not something I expected, I loved First Class and Days (the 'new' trilogy is easily proving my favourite) so got every reason to expect to love this too. For a first impression though it really doesn't grab me at all.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 12 December, 2015, 12:18:04 PM
Old Xtrilogy:                           New Xtrilogy:

X-Men 1                                    First Class
X- Men 2                                   Days of Future Past
X3: The Last Stand                  Apocalypse

Makes sense.
What about Origins and The Wolverine? :lol:

Professor Bear

I was going to say CFM's probably not counting them because they're complete shit, but that can't be grounds for exclusion as he's included Last Stand.  And X-Men 1.  And First Class.

Bad City Blue

Also X3 has now been erased from history.

Hurrah!
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Scolaighe Ó'Bear on 13 December, 2015, 10:27:50 PM
I was going to say CFM's probably not counting them because they're complete shit, but that can't be grounds for exclusion as he's included Last Stand.  And X-Men 1.  And First Class.

And Days of Future Past which should more accurately be titled X-Men: Oh My God, Will This Movie Never End?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 December, 2015, 11:22:15 PM

And Days of Future Past which should more accurately be titled X-Men: Oh My God, Will This Movie Never End?

Cheers

Jim
I watched it in a micro-cinema on a ferry to Rotterdam, it might be because of that but I didn't think it lasted THAT long.

TordelBack

Apocalypse has always been a crappy overblown setup, IMHO. Kid Apocalypse and the Daredevil crossover with the original X-Factor story are probably the best things to come out of the concept in the past 30 years. Although that said, I don't know where's left for the X-films to go for adapting a 'big' plot, without veering off into new teams or outer space... The Mojoverse?  Mr. Sinister and the Mutant Massacre? House of M and Messiah Complex? None seem cinematically promising.

Link Prime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 December, 2015, 11:22:15 PM

Cheers

Jim

Lets hope you're not getting 'The Rogue Cut' in your Christmas stocking so.

As for the trailer...yeah, I can see where the bland comments are coming from.
I've enjoyed all of the X-Men movies to various degrees, in particular all of Singer's previous efforts.
Think I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it.