Main Menu

Warcraft (2016)

Started by Goaty, 03 November, 2015, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Wow! it looks better than Hobbit! Only 15 secs teaser! Argh!

But it directed by Duncan Jones!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA_8TY9Z5Zg

ThryllSeekyr

I saw this earlier and thought it was another expansion for WOW, and didn't realise how parts of it looked real it looked before.

Yet, it is unsatisfyingly too fast to really enjoy. Hope to see more slower one soon.

TordelBack

Quote from: Goaty on 03 November, 2015, 07:21:51 PM
Wow! it looks better than Hobbit!

Hang on, you mean that wasn't The Hobbit?

Pyroxian

Full trailer's out on Friday :)

JamesC

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Tordelback on 03 November, 2015, 08:02:12 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 03 November, 2015, 07:21:51 PM
Wow! it looks better than Hobbit!

Hang on, you mean that wasn't The Hobbit?

In that 15 seconds it was already a more faithful adaptation, anyway :S

With Duncan Jones on it it'll be alright but we ALLL know he should have done a Rogue Trooper movie ;)

Goaty

Jim_Campbell

That looks fucking awful.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

radiator

Definitely looks to me like the big expensive bomb of summer 2016, but who knows? The game has a lot of fans.

ThryllSeekyr

That looks really fantastic and the fact that it's been done thus far while escaping my radar.

Half-Orc (She must be, because I saw the other one....) girls are hot!

Been thinking getting me teeth fixed. Like completely replaced and getting them done Orc style and then maybe, not.  It's not good idea, that's how forensic cops identify me when they find my body.

The awesome Griffin fly by mounting bit is great, and might have been inspired by Red Dead Redemption.

JOE SOAP

It might be well written but LOTR and Game of Thrones are two especial sources that filled a large hole where there was need for great fantasy; I'm not sure there's enough that's profoundly different in Warcraft to attract me - and I'm not a gamer.

Batman's Superior Cousin

It looks AWESOME, I'm definitely gonna see it!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

M.I.K.

It looks very much like the games, which means it'll probably do far better than it has any right to.

ThryllSeekyr

Some movie pics....

I hope he shaves!

She must the one with green skin and Orc teeth, otherwise hot by most human standards!

Him as Blackhand and I'm pretty sure Ron Perlman might be in this as well. I assume both are Orcs and this reminds me of my assumption about the Urukai in full armour at Helm's Deep in the Two Towers reminding me of Judges or multiple versions of Judge Dredd from their helmets and lantern jaws.

I'm not sure, but I think some else thinks so.

Orc-Shaman Costume.....

For the other guy and their horse!

I always played those factions in the RTS (That started it all!) version of the game using those exact same colours for Orcs and Humans, and Purple for Undead and Green for Night-Elves. (Although that those last too could have it the other way round!)

So, is blue blood meant to be Orcish or from something else.

Orcs & Humans now, Demons, Undead, Night-Elves later....

TordelBack

Good grief, that'll need one hell of a script to get past how utterly... rubbery it looks. And yet there wasn't one single line in that whole trailer that didn't induce cringe. Someone's about to lose a lot of money.