Main Menu

Warcraft (2016)

Started by Goaty, 03 November, 2015, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonR

If you were wondering what next summer's big blockbuster turkey was going to be........now you can stop wondering.  This looks quite blatantly terrible.

As someone remarked on my FB laugh-in on it, it looks like Jaime Lannister vs Shrek.

JamesC

Well it certainly looks like a cheesy romp. I suspect it may turn out to be quite good fun.

TordelBack

It looks like Avatar crossed with The Hobbit and Matrix Revolutions.  It looks vile - the designs, the animation, the names, the dialogue, even the setup.  But it does have Mr. Krabbs in it, a good director, and my expectations couldn't be lower... So you never know.  But sheesh, what a hopeless trailer .

Hawkmumbler

Looks shite to me but that could just be my general disinterest in fantasy schlock.

Pyroxian

Big fan of the game, but the 15-second teaser got me more excited than the full trailer :/

The trailer for the next game expansion is way better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYNCCu0y-Is

ThryllSeekyr

I don't know what else to say , but I am hooked on fantasy..... Only done well.

I do like parts of the trailer like mentioned before, but didn't say that the real live actors do look a bit out of place. Like the fellow with the dark hair, they all have their baby faces that seem a little too detached.

Yet the male lead in that game trailer, had those scratch around his eyes that really put him into that heavenly hellish vision so brighter and darker than my own. 

Starting from the beginning, at least they haven't bog this down with all of the fantasy races like or maybe they haven't shown everything  just yet. 

TordelBack

Quote from: Pyroxian on 07 November, 2015, 11:44:34 AM
Big fan of the game, but the 15-second teaser got me more excited than the full trailer :/

The trailer for the next game expansion is way better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYNCCu0y-Is

You're not wrong. I think part of it is that the micro-head aesthetic works better applied consistently on all-CGI characters. In the movie trailer the actors look absurd in that OTT armour, and the orcs look unreal and out of place. Maybe if the whole thing was animated...

CrazyFoxMachine

I was thinking on watching the trailer that "this seems like a film that MAY do badly but with Jones at the helm it might gain a culty charm that people might appreciate and it'll be seen as a bit of a misunderstood blockbuster at the worst" but then that female ork showed up. The female ork that's been made to look as-close-to-human-as-possible-for-romantic-reasons and I instantly saw it going in CEX for £1.50 a fortnight after the DVD comes out.

Swing and a miss!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Perhaps they tried to make it too like the game knowing that fanboy complaints about straying from  'source material' could be damaging social media wise. Lots of people slagged off Jerod Leto's joker pic from Suicide squad though that media storm seems to have already blown itself out. The trailer doesn't do anything for me it seems to clean just like, ahem, a computer game.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Mardroid

I'm usually pretty forgiving of CGI. I sometimes don't even notice it unless I think about it. And, even if I do, I just go with it. I've seen plenty of physical make-up and affects which looked as bad.

But in this case, the CGI really stands out as what it is. If the whole film were animated, as had been mentioned above, fair enough. It needn't be all that realistic. But with the live action characters, it doesn't really work.

That being said, if the story turns out to be good, that goes a long way to vindicating a film in my eyes. I am not in a rush to see this though.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I believe that'll it be interesting to see just how the CGI will work alongsode the live-action. Just you all wait and see!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Professor Bear

I think I might have downloaded this film and watched it already - many different times, under many different names.  It's never been any good.

James Dilworth

Dominic Cooper!

When you just can't afford Karl Urban.

auxlen

As someone who has literally thrown away almost a year of actual game time (/played command will scare you if you use it). the only thing that interests me about this film is that the locations match the game.
those orcs look daft but they do in game too.
I play to level and kill things.

Grugz

it looks ok, won't see it at the pics but may well pass a sunday afternoon once it hits sky.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html