Main Menu

Is this It For Ghostbusters Two....

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 19 February, 2016, 10:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Well this guys did this better, and even there wasn't no publicity or films out.

Professor Bear

Good news, everyone!  Sony have found a way to stop people dissing the new Ghostbusters movie just because it has a female cast - by making the gender of its protagonists the absolute least of its problems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

Ghost MacRoth

Yeah, saw that this morning....

Had stayed out of the discussion as I neither wish to be in either the 'oh god they made them women' or 'why are you so concerned they are now women?' camps....but that looks pish.  Let's start with the wimmin issue.....do I care it's females?  Nah.  Do I care it's only females as a gimmick?  Yeah.  Is there any worth in making them female now?  Doubt it.  They are essetially the same characters gender flipped....and I despise gender flipping for the sake of gender flipping. 

The rest?  Well....usually when a trailer for a comedy comes out you see a couple of the 'best' jokes of the film, which usually annoys me (hence, I don't usually watch trailers) but does seem necessary in a way to let folks know what they are in for.  If there was anything funny in that trailer....I musta blinked and missed it.  For me, that means this film is in far more trouble from it's script than it's cast.

The effects looked fine....right up till we saw one of them 'interacting' with one....yeah...uninspired actor in a green room throwing punches at thin air....that always works well. ;)  So in general, I am in no way surprised that yet another 'remake with a twist' is looking like it's most likely a steaming pile of dog-doo....but I am a bit dissapointed.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Goaty

What a shite trailer, and what too much green!

IndigoPrime

I dunno. I thought it looked OK, but the trailer's edit was surprisingly sluggish and lacked energy. I liked the last bit. That remix of the theme tune, though... urgh.

Dudley

Quote from: Ollamh Iompróidh on 03 March, 2016, 02:20:23 PM
Good news, everyone!  Sony have found a way to stop people dissing the new Ghostbusters movie just because it has a female cast - by making the gender of its protagonists the absolute least of its problems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

I've been entirely positive about this remake, right up until I watched that there trailer.

Dunk!

TBH I don't care about the gender of the Ghostbusters, just as long as the white people are the nerdy academic types and the black person is "Street" then I'm happy and nature is in balance...
"Trust we"

Professor Bear

If I'm honest, it looks just fine.  I just wish it looked funny or interesting.

The Adventurer

I feel the editing of that trailer is just generally bad.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

ThryllSeekyr

I'm still watching because my internet had dropped to a sluggish pace.....

I think there are two different trailers and I saw the stupid one a little earlier.

Goaty

Also I notice a little error. Winston wasn't a scientist.... Only the other 3 were.

Ghost MacRoth

What about her line of 'I don't know science, but I know New York'? as alluded to by Dunk! showing she's street, and dumb?
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

ThryllSeekyr

Seen the full second trailer and I think the original one I was directed to watch was some nonsense spliced together just for me. I found it from some comedy website in my e-mail.

At least they took advantage of current level of FX to improve Slimer and now I know where all the labry slime comes from.

I think young girls will love this one.

Colin YNWA

With all the silly bruharhar about the Ghostbusters being women (I mean really you get affronted by that?) I didn't realise that this was a remake/reboot. For some reason I assumed it was more of next story just with new characters and what not.

The fact that they've done that vexes me a little. I mean the idea of a bunch of people making a business out of hunting cool ghosts and they decided to do the same story instead of a gazzillion other possible stories strikes me as odd... well yes Ghostbusters 2 but that doesn't mean this one had to be rubbish.

All that said I quite liked that trailer.

ThryllSeekyr