Main Menu

Game of Thrones s. 6

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 27 April, 2016, 12:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Tweet from Art Parkinson [spoiler]aka Rickon Stark[/spoiler] :D

radiator

QuoteThat would be a massive departure from the structure of every single previous season, where the dramatic heft and big event(s) hit in Episode 9, and Episode 10 kind of draws the threads together, mops up some of the dangling plots and gives a few hints at where the next season will be going.

That's not strictly true though - season 4 ended with the traditional climactic 'event' episode 'The Watchers on the Wall', and bucked the trend by following it up with a very eventful extra long finale episode that featured, among other things, crazy Jason and the Argonauts skeleton warriors, the epic Brienne vs Hound deathmatch and Tyrion's murder of Tywin and Shae.

I suspect that the finale of season 6 will be another big one.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Cersei's trial is still to come, I'll be slightly annoyed if they put that off until next season.
You may quote me on that.

radiator

I suspect that we're going to see three or four pretty major characters go, minimum.

On a related note, someone over on Reddit said something that hit me a little hard - now with the remaining seasons being shortened, Battle of the Bastards was the last 'episode 9' of GoT we'd ever see....  :'(

IndigoPrime

Quote from: radiator on 20 June, 2016, 04:53:22 PMWhere was [spoiler]Ghost[/spoiler], though?
That single episode must have cost more than the entirety of season 1, right?
Hence the absence of that character, according to production interviews. Essentially, it was him or [spoiler]the giant[/spoiler].

Hawkmumbler

Holy shit. Just holy fucking shit. That finale.

COMMANDO FORCES

flip-r mk2

I may be a jaded ol' bugger, but was suitably impressed with the finale :)

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Dudley

Am I right that we're now left with -

[spoiler]Goodish guys:
a) All the Southerny people we like plus the Sand Snakes heading for Kings Landing.
b) All the Northerny people we like allied together in the North and pledged to Sansa + Jon, apart from Sam who's off in the Citadel and Bran who's basically about 2 feet away from joining Ed and the boys at the wall.
c) Brotherhood without Banners, now with added Hound, heading North and with nothing to stop them joining up with all the Northerny people we like.

Baddish guys:
a) Just super evil Cersei left, and clearly unable to withstand all the Southerny people we like when they attack.  Like, literally, this is the only big bad left on the show, and she's generally rubbish at stuff.  She's got Frankenmountain and Q, but they're not really personalities.

Forces of Nature:
a) Winter here
b) White Walkers not really showing us any kind of plan[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Because, unless I've missed anything out from the above list, doesn't it feel like they could wrap up the entire show in about 2 dense episodes now?  Our only drama comes from[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Chaotic neutrals:
a) Arya off having fun
b) Jaime being a bit conflicted and having sarcastic conversations with Bronn[/spoiler]

And finally, Question Marks:
[spoiler]a) Which entire category boils down to Littlefinger, who has the Knights of the Vale at his back, a letter from Cersei in his pocket authorising him as Warden of the North which for some inexplicable reason he's not going to use to blackmail Sansa into marriage or to take Winterfell for himself[/spoiler]

Just - how are they going to get 14 more episodes out of this setup?

Radbacker

holy shit balls!!!! that's a season finally if ener there was one.  Just great TV all through  gonna be sad to see it go but at least they'll drag it out by splitting the last season.

Little lady Mormont is just class and hope we see a bitmore of her next season.

CU radbacker

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Dudley on 27 June, 2016, 01:16:12 PMJust - how are they going to get 14 more episodes out of this setup?

There's quite a lot going on and also whatever is going to come down from behind the wall. It'll be a tight final season or two.

Rately

Fantastic finale.

Hopefully we now get the next book from GRRM ahead of the next series.

Wonder if Dany is going to be waylaid by a certain pirate King on the way to Westeros?

Jim_Campbell

So... here's my speculative thoughts, spoiler tagged for details of current episodes, not because I'm convinced in my powers of foresight!

[spoiler]We've learned in the final episode that the White Walkers can't pass the Wall, and with the worst winter "in a thousand years" incoming, it's not like it's going to be thawing out any time soon.

Which means that the only way it's coming down is if the dragons do it. Why would Dany bring down the wall? Well, doesn't Dany seem to be just a little too squeaky clean in GRRM's array of likeable villains and flawed heroes? What if she's just as mad as the rest of the Targaryens? What if Tyrion's part in all this is to learn the same lesson his brother learned?[/spoiler]

I can't believe we have to wait a year (well, 40-odd weeks) for the next instalment!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

OK, theory time....

[spoiler]Cersie and the Lannisters are rightly fucked. Denny has thousands of unsullied, doth'raki and hundreds of ships from slavers bay and the iron islands. Oh, and dragons. Plus she's now allined with Dawn and high garden. So, where does this leave "the north"? I suspect for their role in over throwing her competition, Deny will grant each note worthy party sovereignty, Yara as queen of the Iron Islands, Jon and Sansa as joint leaders if the north, and the queen of thornes and whats left if her extended family to kead high garden as seperate states.[/spoiler]

What are the Walkers after though, I wonder....

JamesC

Great finale.
And did you see that trailer for Westworld in the middle of it? That looked a bit good too.