Main Menu

New Far-Cry Game looks interesting..

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 20 October, 2015, 01:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Mostly because time has been rolled back about 12000 years to the stone age.....

Far-Cry-Primal

Like I read it somewhere that isn't just insanity to do the same thing over and over again.

Which is why this one is different.

Woolly

Not normally a fan of first-person shooters, but this looks pretty amazing so far.
Reserving any more judgment til I have an idea how the game actually plays.

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 20 October, 2015, 07:37:16 PM
I liked da puddycat.

and then....

Myself, I was personally offended by the injury shown here, and then noticed it was the skull of the Sabre-Cat. Then I thought association the big cat made it that much cooler.

Zarjazzer

A fearsome kitty. Interesting to see though but I still enjoy the first Far Cry, one of the most difficult games I think I've played.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

ThryllSeekyr

I have them all up to the third one and including Blood Dragon via Steam.

I though the first one was atrocious and the second one much improved. I played Blood Dragon for a bit and didn't come back to it because of the complicated logging in I needed to do continue playing it and the third game was okay although it seemed like everything was staged, then was the weird system for learning new skills coupled with earning tattoes. Apart from that, I will get back to the game some time. I had to remove it because I had been playing it on my fathers rig and then he needed it back.

First person can be a bit sassy and I hope they  included option for second person perspective wise.

Keef Monkey

Didn't really get along with the first couple, but they seemed to find the fun in 3&4 which I loved. From the sounds of it this one won't be a full installment, but more of a standalone downloadable thing of a smaller scope in the same way Blood Dragon was (which I still haven't got round to playing)!

Looks like a nice breath of fresh air and the series' mechanics would lend very well to the setting and survival gameplay, should be cool.

ThryllSeekyr

More big cat pictures.....

No guns either....

BTW...I think they should alter the trailer and probably re-think voices. Sounds the cave man's voice croaks out Whinger right at the beginning and was wondering this they got in a professional linguist to figure out how early man/woman talk the talk. Being partially fictional game, and the fact that you could get away with making a lot of stuff up if you didn't know how things were back then exactly. Even the developers admit this in one of there making of videos. The only thing I really like is how they co-ordinate attack against the mammoth and took it down without digging a spiked pit trap and driving into that. Better than wolf-boys and girls from the latest installment of The walking Dead.

JamesC

I finally finished the story mode of Far Cry 4 last night. Absolutely loved it - cracking game (great soundtrack too).
I'm now quite stoked for this next installment. I think it's quite brave to take what is essentially an FPS franchise and create a version without any guns.
This could very well be a day one purchase for me.

ThryllSeekyr

You find another trailer here

It's looking better every time!

The Enigmatic Dr X

I find the concept so unappealing it is hard to convey my disinterest.
Lock up your spoons!

ThryllSeekyr

I found this trailer while looking for the two other new trailers for this game. You can find them on it's store page on Steam easier enough.

My thoughts on the cave dude's reaction to the giant cat about to pounce on him while he's only armed with a small sharpened bone was reminiscent of this scene from Indiana Jones and Temple of Doom when I first saw it in a theatre close to it's opening week.

See here....

He said something totally unexpected at the point when he realised he had no choice but to cut the bridge down and being a Spielberg film, I was used to the lack of swearing or any thing considered too rude to say. Despite the fact that much politeness is just not real anyway. Yet, everybody sitting around me reacted with thunderous guffaw because we thought he was that much cooler and more like our everyday selves and I thought pretty much the same thing when that pre-historic protagonist quietly exclaims....

Seriously.....

And it has some personal meaning to me as well....but I won't go further on that thought here!

Time I got to bed :)

The Enigmatic Dr X

My eldest has been playing this and, maybe I am getting old, but it seems like Skyrim without the fun.
Lock up your spoons!

ThryllSeekyr

Was going to tell you don't know what Your talking about and then thought your talking about one of the current Far Cry games. As this one won't be out until next week....on the first or maybe you were sent a Alpha/Beta.

Your eldest testing the game.

On that subject, this one seems like more like excuse to have a game about pre-historic times. Rather than being part of the Far Cry series and I was thinking of Assassin's Creed early this morning when I left that link and commented and was going to add that it would be if the Animus machine is involved. They just have that same dude, or some new guy or girl enter the machine and go back in time to assume the role of one of their ancestors. Which is kind of fascinating.

Unless their descended from of these....

Or theses...

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 25 February, 2016, 10:49:43 PM
Was going to tell you don't know what Your talking about

Far Cry Primal was release in the UK on Tuesday of this week.
Lock up your spoons!