Main Menu

Modifying Posts

Started by Ancient Otter, 18 May, 2011, 09:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

Quote from: Pete Wells on 22 May, 2011, 02:23:58 PM
Can one of the moderators put an extra egg on my tea photo in the 'Hey Kerrin' thread?

Quote from: King Trout on 22 May, 2011, 03:07:10 PM
Fried breakfast retcons fly in the face of social justice.

Winston Smith's job in 1984?
STRIKE !!!

Stan

I'm still not seeing it. I know there was a 10 minuteish rule a while back but I don't even have that option now.

E: And just to make an ass out of me it suddenly appears as if from nowhere. Maybe it only affects certain forums (I was just using the film forum)?

SmallBlueThing

The timed edit seems to be haphazard and applied willy nilly across the subforums. I jab at my phone's virtual keyboard with a stylus, often in bright sunlight and with interruptions, so make a lot of mistakes. The option to edit after posting is only there about half the time.

SBT

Emperor

I think the option to allow a 5 minute editing window disappeared when the forum was upgraded. As far as I'm aware there hasn't been any official decision to not add it back, it just hasn't happened yet. Hopefully one of the webdroids will pop in to clarify the situation.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Pete Wells

PLEASE can we have the modify button back, even if it's just the 5 minute one?

It seems a petty rule not to have one at all but sheesh, if that dumb rule has to stay, can we at least have a five minute window to correct typos and the like?

If we did have full control to (gasp!) retract or change what we've said in times of naughtiness, it's not undetectable as the post tells you what time it was edited.

There must be a few threads a week that ask for it, this is the only forum I know without one. What's the problem mods?

Emperor

Quote from: Pete Wells on 11 March, 2012, 07:53:51 AMWhat's the problem mods?

The problem is we can't change the forum settings. I'll try and rummage up someone who can.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Pete Wells

Good old Emperor, as sweet as his picture suggests!

Dash Decent

Hi team, the window for modifying posts seems incredibly short.  Is there any way to adjust it so we get at least 2 - 5 minutes after posting to fix typos etc?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

sheridan

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 18 May, 2011, 11:17:17 PM
A spelling mistake in the pedantic thread, and you wanted it fixed?

How pedantic can you g-

Oh.
There's a pedantic thread?  Or are all of them pedantic threads?

p.s. Han shot first, could you fix that?

TordelBack

This thread makes me sad.  So many greats, long departed or gone mostly dormant.

Where have all the pedants gone, long time passing?
Where have all the pedants gone, long time ago?
Where have all the pedants gone?
Gone to Facebook, every one.
Oh, when will they ever return?

ZenArcade

Where did the Emperor, Trout and for that matter Richmond go? Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead