Main Menu

Should Dredd ever be killed off?

Started by Syne, 08 April, 2012, 11:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Justice Dept still used civilian auxiliaries today. It's not a big leap to say that the last cops became auxiliaries and lost their arrest powers. Cal could have done it, or Goodman could have gone it while Dredd was in the Cursed Earth.

sheridan

Quote from: glassstanley on 25 July, 2016, 11:22:21 AM
I've got a list of all MCPD references I'll post when I'm back at my PC. There's quite a few pre-Cursed Earth, though sometimes they're only referenced on a video camera LABEL. It's easy to retcon that Cal got rid of them when he took power.
I'd always assumed they were the vestiges of the old system, which were finally abolished while Dredd was on the moon.  Timeline-wise he spent six months in Luna City 1, the story Firebug, then however long he was in the Cursed Earth.  Immediately on his return we had the Day the Law Died, which took at least 100 days and involved a lot of reforms (to say the least).  One way or another we're looking at about a year of Dredd being away from normal duties, during which time the outdated police system could have been quietly disposed of.

Hawkmumbler

Plot twist, Call-Me-Kenneth massacred the last patrol vehicle and the remaining 3 cops in the whole MCPD decided to call it a day!