Main Menu

Best UK Graphic Novels

Started by Silent_Bomber, 15 May, 2015, 11:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent_Bomber

I don't suppose there are any Goodreads members on here are there?

I made a poll for British graphic novels & comics (UK published) but nobody voted but me lol

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/87936.Best_British_Graphic_Novels_Comics

I voted for a lot of 2000AD and Judge Dredd comics, my votes are only vaguely in order right now.

EDIT: I didn't vote for the Lady Chatterly's Lover adaptation, that is the sole vote from someone else lol

Silent_Bomber

Wow... so no one's interested in voting at all? or is it just that there's no members of Goodreads on here?

Goodreads doesn't actually verify your email address so anyone can sign up very quickly with a made-up email address (though if you want to do other stuff like create your own polls you do need to verify).

After that you simply click the "Vote for this Book" button, this creates a personal list of yours at the right hand side of your page. 1st place gives 100 points to that book, a 2nd place 99 points, 3rd place 98 points and so on.

After you vote it takes 5 minutes to process. Polls just kind of go on forever

I won't bump this again as... well, I guess if no-one's interested, then no-one's interested. I was kind of hoping to learn what the most popular books were, and what comics I may have missed.

Fungus

Don't trust polls after last week.

Dandontdare

I just tried to vote and it apparently requires joining facebook, so sorry no can do! It's a grand list though!

Silent_Bomber

Quote from: Dandontdare on 15 May, 2015, 04:16:07 PM
I just tried to vote and it apparently requires joining facebook, so sorry no can do! It's a grand list though!
Nah, it doesn't, just ignore the Facebook sign and write any email address and name in.

Honestly I just made up some nonsense when I joined up last week. "Silent Bomber" as the name and then something like jimmyjammy1983@sharklasers.com or some crap for the email. It doesn't actually verify.

That only allows you to vote on other peoples polls though, I had to edit my real email in to create a poll.

EDIT: Also thanks, I think I've got a long way to go yet though!

Hawkmumbler

Silent_Bomber

Cool, it finally updated (I think it actually took closer to 15 minutes) two votes now!  :D

Halo Jones is the new #1, whilst "When the Wind Blows" and "Lady Chatterley" are well on their way down the list (I guess the fewer votes there are, the more susceptible to drastic change it is).

Silent_Bomber

Well the poll has recently hit its years anniversary, V For Vendetta has been in the lead for quite some time now and it looks like its place in the top spot is probably assured (its level of fame is just much higher).

Its been slow going, but hopefully the poll will continue to pick up more votes by this time next year!

sheridan

First time I've ever seen this thread (and I am a member of goodreads).

AlexF

Same here! I'm having fun casting votes now, though.