Main Menu

JULY ART COMP - THE BALLAD OF HALO JONES BOOK 4

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 02 July, 2016, 08:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

From James Newell via an enquiring FB user simply called Halo Jones:

Quote"The Ballad of Halo Jones Book 4" or what might have been...

Where did she go... she went out.

Alan Moore & Ian Gibson's seminal 80s 2000 AD masterpiece Halo Jones was notable for many things, not least of which was that it was never finished. Moore & Gibson both have ruminated in the decades since of where she might have gone - Moore expressing several times he was keen to continue her adventures into much later life. Where would you have her go next?

There will be a GN straight from the nerve centre for the winner, and one for Tharg's Choice - and there will also be a bonafide 2000 AD droid choosing their favourite entries! All entries will be viewable here, on our dedicated FB page and on the official 2000 AD Tumblr!!

Rules for the art comp are these:

- For this comp especially but generally for all future comps be RESPECTFUL of the source material, needlessly explicit entries will not be tolerated.

- You can enter as many times as you like but bear in mind it will split your vote so it may not be worth it.

- All entries have to be constructed specifically for this competition - so nothing you've done for anything else.

- You can enter either here or by directly putting it on our FB wall here: https://www.facebook.com/2000adartcomp/

YOU HAVE UNTIL THE 24TH OF JUNE WHEN WE SHALL TIE TOGETHER THE TAILS OF THE VOTING RATS

Andy Lambert

CrazyFoxMachine

Leigh S

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Great start from the Colossal Shark to kick us off. :-)

I've given CFM the month off to recharge his batteries. I'll take care of the voting this month to keep everything on course, so it's business as usual. Have at it, art-monkeys!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ZenArcade

Cool. I haven't contributed since my daring and popular piece 'Cursed City, Blessed Earth' :'(  might do something this month (he hurriedly rings Ryan Brown)  ::) Look forward to seeing the wonderful CFM back on the horse soon. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Adventurer

This seems like as good excuse as any to reread Halo Jones.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, Jim - and thanks for stepping into the (hopefully temporary) breach.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Colin YNWA

Yeah just to echo that (what it was what Shark said) good job stepping in Jim and hope you'll be back soon CFM.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 03 July, 2016, 10:17:05 PM
Great start from the Colossal Shark to kick us off. :-)

...And the penny drops.  You're a terrible man, Campbell, and the Lord will punish you.

But yeah, great work from Sharky!  Never knew you done drorings
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 05 July, 2016, 10:13:22 AM

But yeah, great work from Sharky!  Never knew you done drorings

Thanks, JBC. I used to enter the art comp all the time before The Drama - and now that I've saved my pennies and purchased a new Wacom you can expect my monthly sullyings once more!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tulio_Vilela

Hi, Everybody!
I'm submitting my drawing to the July Art Competiton  "The Ballad of Halo Jones Book 4": Hallo Jones meets Abelard Snazz in a strange planet.
Thanks!

Albion

Tulio_Vilela and myself have chosen the same additional character!  :D
Here's what Halo Jones did next.......

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.