Main Menu

JULY ART COMP - THE BALLAD OF HALO JONES BOOK 4

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 02 July, 2016, 08:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Dilworth

Darren Stephens

Some superb entries there. Adrian, I love that mock-up cover. I so wish it was real! ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

mightybren

That Mark Higgins piece is awesome, I love it!

The Adrian Bamforth cover blew me away though :) that's an awesome drawing and a very original take too!

The bar has been set very high again this month!

Theblazeuk

allied72

allied72

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ZenArcade

Ooh. We're hotting up! Via the FB page... The Ballad, by Mark Higgins:

JEEZUS! Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

allied72

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: ZenArcade on 19 July, 2016, 02:42:34 PM
Ooh. We're hotting up! Via the FB page... The Ballad, by Mark Higgins:

JEEZUS! Z

Yep, it's amazing.  Fair play.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dash Decent

Can we alert Alan Moore to this comp?  In the hopes he enters a script?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ZenArcade

Quick question for Jim: can I e-mail my entry to you on Fb (when it's finished). I have no end of trouble sending anything to the forum? Z

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: ZenArcade on 20 July, 2016, 06:28:14 PM
Quick question for Jim: can I e-mail my entry to you on Fb (when it's finished). I have no end of trouble sending anything to the forum? Z

You can post it direct to the FB comp page and I'll transfer it here for the edification of the masses. :-)

Alternatively, you can email/WeTransfer/Dropbox it to me direct -- PM me here for the email address.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ZenArcade

Brian Corcoran

Here's my entry for the competition, and a bit of blurb, obviously to be read out loud in deep, serious trailer-speak: "10 Years on. Pursued by the forces of fanatical General Am Northampton and Supreme pilot Kititirikiti Tirikitirit throughout the Skitter worlds, Halo Jones protects their prey, the child Ludy, as best she can.
Taking refuge on the hive planet Mantodea, nothing could have prepared Halo for the greatest shock of all, the return of Rodice, but not the Rodice she once knew... and why is she so interested in Ludy?"

(For a clue to Ludy's identity, see her hairstyle... and apparently she really likes snakes...)