Main Menu

JULY ART COMP — VOTING THREAD

Started by Jim_Campbell, 25 July, 2016, 08:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

1. Mark Higgins: The Ballad
Sorry, everybody else - I couldn't decide between you all, but had to vote for Mark's work (even though it confuses me - why would aged-Halo appear to remember her time with Luiz, considering he's a genocidal murderer who spoiled her memory of a time when she thought she was innocent?)

Also confusingly, while checking I'd got the spelling right on General Cannibal's first name, I found another General Luiz Cannibal.  Wonder if that one is/was a Squaxx?

Brian Corcoran

Halo Jones was always one of my absolute favourite stories, but I've always been glad Halo's tale ended when it did (controversial, I know), leaving everyone wanting more. I thought it was a great ending, knowing that she would go on to greater things but never finding out what they were. What a great idea for this month's theme, it's been fantastic to see the various takes on where she went. Thanks everyone.

1: Adrian Bamforth - Halo, Space Pirate.
The clear winner for me.  Halo looks damaged and cold, just like where she was headed when we saw her last.  And very cool.  Nice to see the return of Toby. Makes we want to find out more.
2: Mark Higgins – The Ballad.
Skills. And I'm a sucker for nostalgia.
3: Tulio Vilela 1 – Halo Jones meets Abelard Snazz.
Great to see a more light-hearted take on things, and Tulio draws a great Halo.

HM: allied72 – Robinson Jones
The Legendary Shark – More things in Heaven and Hoop

-MikeD-

Brian Corcoran - Out. For the detail and the old Skool vibe. And the penis spaceship.

Adrian Bamforth -Space Pirate. Captures the essence of Halo whilst mixing in some of Blackadder, thrice endowed donkey of the trouser pods.

Albion -The Marriage of Halo. There's got to be points for wit. I'd love to read this story.

HMs... Allistermac, James Newell and Mark Higgins

Brian Corcoran

Ha ha yeah been getting a bit of stick over the ship alright - it's General Cannibal's cabin cruiser! Blame Ian Gibson! I somehow managed to take the cool 'scorpion-y' look away from it and replace it with the whole 'penis-y' thing. Sad fact is never noticed it myself... must be getting old.  :-[

Andrew_J

• Brian Corcoran: Book IV: OUT. Great teaser for what could have come next. Lovely linework.
  • Adrian Bamforth: Halo, Space Pirate. This is the one we all wanted to read.
  • Mark Higgins: The Ballad. Love the idea of an elderly Halo reminiscing.

Tiplodocus

All great stuff and well done all - though I'm disgusted that more choppers find their way into the art comp. ;o)

I found myself drawn to the ones where she wasn't explicitly toting a gun (even though she is armed in one of them) because that's what drew me to the story in the first place. 

1st Place - 3 Points - Adrian Bamforth
2nd Place - 2 points- Legendary Shark
3rd Place - 1 points - Allied 72
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tulio_Vilela

Many good works and is hard to choice. My votes:
1.(3 points) Brian Corcoran: Out.
2. (2 points) Adrian Bamforth: Space Pirate
3. (1 point) Uwe de Witt: Halo Jones
HMs: Mark Higgins ("The Ballad"), Albion ("The Marriage of Halo")and  The Legendary Shark ("More Things in Heaven and Hoop").

Woolly

Indecision time again? Oh alright then, here goes...  ;)

1st - The Legendary Shark: More Things in Heaven and Hoop. Wonderful. The endless possibilities of the universe, and a cracking Gibson-esque pose.

2nd - Adrian Bamforth: Halo, Space Pirate. Beat me to it with this one. Love how dangerous Halo looks here. Great inks too.

3rd - Brian Corcoran: Book IV: OUT. As others have said, there are the backbones of a story right there in the image, and what an image!

HM - Mark Higgins: The Ballad & Uwe de Witt: Halo Jones. Both brilliant.

Kudos to all, which should go without saying.
And endless thanks to Jim and CFM for making it all possible.

Echidna

1st: Mark Higgins: The Ballad
2nd: Brian Corcoran: Book IV: OUT.
3rd: Adrian Bamforth: Halo, Space Pirate

HMs:
Uwe de Witt: Halo Jones
Karl Brown: Her Name Was Halo
The Legendary Shark: More Things in Heaven and Hoop
Tulio_Vilela 2: Halo Jones Book 4: Back on the Chain Gang

Well done everyone

IAMTHESYSTEM

1: Adrian Bamforth Halo Space Pirate

2:Brian Corcoran Book IV OUT

3: Mark Higgins The Ballad

HM:Uwe de Witt HALO JONES; Karl Brown Her name was Halo;Albion The marriage of Halo;allstermac Halo.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Dog Deever

1st- Mark Higgins
2nd- Legendary Shark
3rd- Brian Corcoran

I'm afraid I can't decide for an HM, there's a few contenders for me so I prefer to abstain on that if possible.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Steven Denton

1: Adrian Bamforth: Halo, Space Pirate
2: Brian Corcoran: Book IV: OUT.
3: Mark Higgins: The Ballad

HM
James Newell: The Secret Ballad
Uwe de Witt: Halo Jones

Bad City Blue

1 - Adrian Bamforth

2 - Brian Corcoran

3 - Mark Higgins
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: sheridan on 26 July, 2016, 12:27:24 AM(even though it confuses me - why would aged-Halo appear to remember her time with Luiz, considering he's a genocidal murderer who spoiled her memory of a time when she thought she was innocent?

Well, why not?  They must have had a few good times together before she [spoiler]murdered him[/spoiler].  And I think by the time she met him she was far from innocent, and was well aware of it.

Sorry to derail the thread (I've already voted) - as you were, people.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

mightybren

I didn't enter, do I still get to vote?  :D Some awesome artwork this month! This was another tough choice!

1. Adrian Bamforth: Halo, Space Pirate
2. Uwe de Witt: Halo Jones
3. Karl Brown: Her Name Was Halo

Honourable mentions:
Brian Corcoran: Book IV: OUT
James Newell: The Secret Ballad

QuoteAll great stuff and well done all - though I'm disgusted that more choppers find their way into the art comp. ;o)

I didn't finish my entry in time :( Picking up my brush after a 21km run is ambitious! I'll post it on "Does my art look big in this" thread after voting has closed :)