Main Menu

Vikings

Started by mogzilla, 23 May, 2014, 07:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

first episode in (not paying £79 for amazon prime) ok but no wow factor yet  but that's just probably 'cos I'm spoiled by g.o.t.  the lead is ok but a bit smug looking and some of the supporting cast is weak the ship builder is a bit annoying and whatsup with that soothsayer wizardy fella?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Ghost MacRoth

Give it time.....Ragnar is cocky with good reason, Floki is....mental, and the cast do grow into their roles.  I've just finished season 2, and love it.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

locustsofdeath!

I like Ragnar for the simple reason that he's not the sterotypical "dark, dark and brooding" lead that we find in so many of these shows/films. Sure, he can brood and gets grim now and then - but I like that he's a smirking, arrogant bastard. The show has it's missteps, but overall it's enjoyable and I'm a fan.

ThryllSeekyr

I saw one episode of this......a bunch of Vikings inside a building....they were torturing some old man tied to a pillar. I otherwise thought this was very dull.....

I vaguely remember some raiding towards the end, but was too engrossed in what I doing on the computer to take any more notice.

I might wait until they move it to one of the more popular cable channels. If they will. I know it's got some good reviews on Facebook.

Funny, thing is as I heard about this series sometime  last year. I tried to purchase the dvd's for it and found a box-set called Vikings and ordered it. What I got was a box-set filled with documentaries on Vikings.

I fell a sleep not long after I put the first one in.

mogzilla

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 23 May, 2014, 10:06:02 PM
Give it time.....Ragnar is cocky with good reason, Floki is....mental, and the cast do grow into their roles.  I've just finished season 2, and love it.

will do,its still on the series link :D
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

JayzusB.Christ

Necroposting here, but I've finally started binge-watching this (mainly because I'm an extra in it now, truth be told).

Well, it started off a bit dull but has got better and better.  The [spoiler]raid on Paris[/spoiler], whilst not quite up there with the similar raid on the Night's Watch Wall, was outstanding.  Floki is a great and fascinating character; and I [spoiler]miss the late[/spoiler] Athelstan, despite my not quite getting why everyone seems to have so much man-love for him.

While I'm not quite up to date yet, I know that Ragnar [spoiler]is going to die soon - these things are hard to avoid when you're chatting with his sons and King Harald[/spoiler] - and to be honest I was getting fairly tired of his smug smirk anyway so I'm looking forward to the change of focus.

And I met Ivar the Boneless out in Dublin one Saturday, not looking quite so crippled as he strutted about flanked by beautiful women.  (Very nice chap mind you; kind of feel sorry for him having to crawl round in the mud so much when he's acting.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"