Main Menu

Prog 1958 - The Egos Have Landed!

Started by Richard, 21 November, 2015, 01:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Richard

TordelBack

Now there's a misapprehension Baillie should be proud of!  Definitely one of Tharg's little treasures, it seems a pity that after so many great one-offs (Crow Gift definitely being one) and two well-received 3rillers, it's Vertigo that gives David his first proper series - although at least Tharg hasn't been shy in plugging it for them!

Colin YNWA

Yeah I'd echo that. David Baillie really deserves a run out, he's not been entirely consistent but no doubt when he's good he's great. This and Ghostship Mathematica alone for me mean he deserves a series.

Frank

The great thing about tallying the number of writers who land gigs with Marvel and DC then return to create major works for 2000ad is that it leaves you with eight fingers free to do other things.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Butch on 28 November, 2015, 05:22:54 PM
The great thing about tallying the number of writers who land gigs with Marvel and DC then return to create major works for 2000ad is that it leaves you with eight fingers free to do other things.

Yeah that's a fair point BUT hopefully David has his feet under the table at the Galaxy's Greatest early enough that there's a tell he'll want to tell there. Come on David wipe one iut for Tharg.

Link Prime

Quote from: Tordelback on 27 November, 2015, 06:37:57 PM
Gorgeous art.

It really is.

I've always personally liked Goddard's style, but I feel he's really stepped it up a gear over the past few years.
His recent turns on Savage, Aquila, Grey Area, Sinister Dexter and Dredd have been outstanding.
A rock solid modern 2000AD artist that Tharg is wisely deploying on numerous Thrills.

Hawkmumbler

His Armitage story was phenomenal as well. Goddard is a real star.