Main Menu

Snow in 2000AD

Started by shaolin_monkey, 02 July, 2016, 03:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: AlexF on 05 July, 2016, 11:06:12 AM
Was it Button Man IV that had a snow-bound shootout of some kind?

Book III, unbelievably published 15 years ago.

Crusade gets a pass from me due to Mick Austin and the fact the Irish baddie Judge was feigning his drunken caricature.

Proudhuff

Blimey, No-one mentioned Dirty Franks snow obsession yet!?
DDT did a job on me

I, Cosh

Surprisingly little snow in Dante. I can only think of The Hunting Party and The Gulag Archipelago for sure. If that's whatthey're even called.

Shamballa?
We never really die.

Cyber-Matt

The snow in the Sinister Dexter story 'Point Blanc' remains memorable in that it nearly sent Chris Blythe round the twist.

Note to artists: if you're doing a snow effect for someone else to colour, do it on a separate layer. Don't - as Andy Clarke did - draw every single individual snowflake.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Theblazeuk

There is a lot of snow in the first arc of Age of the Wolf, I seem to recall.

NapalmKev

When we first see Dirty Frank he is laying in the snow waiting to die. He also seems pre-occupied with a snowflake in his hand.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

shaolin_monkey

Thanks for your help with the snow suggestions folks. I'm interested in any more, if anyone call recall anything?

Greg M.

I haven't read it in ages, but I'm pretty sure there's some snow in 'Fiends of the Eastern Front'.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Greg M. on 28 October, 2016, 03:34:55 PM
I haven't read it in ages, but I'm pretty sure there's some snow in 'Fiends of the Eastern Front'.

Quite right too, there's a wow sking sequence.

Hawkmumbler

Nikolai Dante: The Great Game featuring our pal Nik being hunted through the snow capped Russian mountains by thinly veiled parodies of Sin/Dex and Slaine.

Third Estate Ned

IIRC snow really adds to the moody atmosphere in Mandroid. I seem to remember him emerging out of the snow and fog in that gunsuit.

Tombo

In Dredd-world there was a fair bit of snow in "Gulag" as well as in the early parts of Devlin Waugh's "Chasing Herod" whilst the last few chapters of "Sirius Rising" were set in the Antarctic.  The last few parts of Missionary Man "Promised Land" were set during a blizzard

Also the Shimura story "Assassin" had some scenes set in winter, and there was a bit in another story set at a hot springs in winter (I think), although these were in the Megazine so do they count?.

oh and wasn't there a Dredd story where Old Stony Face used snow to stop the craze of nudity/naturism, or was that just cold rain?

Beyond Dredd the Mercy Heights story "Dead of Winter" was set on a icy planet, and one of Rose O'Rions adventures started on a similar world.

shaolin_monkey

Nice one!!  Lots of suggestions there to work with.  Mandroid is a particularly good shout.

Thanks all!

Steve Green

The Big Sleet?

Dredd story with Odin and the Fimbulwinter?

Peter Hogan/Dermot Power.

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=prog&page=profiles&choice=920