Main Menu

Showreel of illustrations for CV?

Started by Goaty, 15 August, 2016, 01:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Help!

As try to apply for job about animation in London, it need showreel, I got many illustrations, so ask your advices of how to show it, make it into video or create online collections but where?

thanks!

Steve Green

Vimeo is a pretty good host if they specify an online reel.

I'm not sure if anyone asks for DVDs these days - depends on the company I guess.

If it's just still artwork, I would have thought a website, maybe something like WiX would be preferable to a video of stills.

Normally the company would have some guidelines on how they prefer material to be submitted.

Cheers

Steve

Goaty

Yes been use Vimeo

wonder which best online or App to edit all images into video.

WiX? Will look into it.

As job I apply for, it online form, with put link in the box for showreel etc.

thanks Steve

Steve Green

Hi Goaty,

if you have a mac, maybe something like iMovie? If it's just a slideshow, I would keep it fairly simple since it's more about the stills rather than something too flashy.

If you're on a PC, I'd normally just Premiere, but not sure what's out there that's cheaper. Hitfilm Express possibly? It's more designed for effects, but you could use it as a simple editor (and it's free)

https://hitfilm.com/express

It depends a lot on what you're showing - for example if it's roughs/pencils/finished artwork, then you could show the stages of development. As a rule just keep it short and sweet - 1-2 minutes should be fine.

Cheers

Steve