Main Menu

I really am curious to know what is the current size of Mega City 1 Justice

Started by The dude, 14 December, 2016, 09:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The dude

Has anyone any canon info reference the current size of MC1 Justice Dept? Also,  what size was it at its biggest cira 2099? 👍

Dandontdare

simple answer is no - it's never been explicitly stated. However there have been several long debates on here about it!

Frank

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 December, 2016, 09:37:19 PM
...there have been several long debates on here about it!

I remember. Didn't some loser on this board put a link to that fanwank in his signature?

Frank

I just realised the judge number speculation linked to there is actually hidden within a link back to an even older thread. The best guess number given there was 90,000. Casualty rates on Chaos Day were 90%, so there were probably 9000 judges versus 40 million citizens immediately after DOC (at a rough, unofficial guess).

Citizen numbers are back up to 72 million (according to the Nerve Centre intro page), so let's assume judge numbers have risen in line. That would mean around 12-13,000 helmets [1], today.

* Maybe more. They just got an injection of 2,000 Texas City personnel (see Reclamation, by Carroll and Holden, prog 1895)

TordelBack

Quote from: Frank on 14 December, 2016, 10:45:50 PM
. Casualty rates on Chaos Day were 90%

Citation needed!

In 'The Days After', Beeny tells Logan Justice that Dept casualties were "60% plus", placing the judges in a proportionally strong position - initially. However, the loss of almost the entire Academy means that replacement rates wouid have slowed to a trickle, and despite both strands of Carroll-scripted foreign intake it seems likely that the judge force will continue to shrink for at least another decade, even as citizen numbers rebound,

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 December, 2016, 06:56:32 AM
Quote from: Frank on 14 December, 2016, 10:45:50 PM
Casualty rates on Chaos Day were 90%

Citation needed!

Thanks, Jimmy! Can you can fix your site so it stops asking me for a fiver every visit?

The civilian casualty rate on Chaos Day was 90%, so I extrapolated from that ... completely forgetting that, on the very same page, Beeny gives a separate casualty rate for the Department.

So, based on a completely made up initial figure, that would make around 54,000 judges for 40 million citizens on the day after Chaos Day (four years ago, and both figures have changed since). Nothing canon.