Main Menu

Dan Dare has landed...

Started by Mangamax, 04 November, 2015, 11:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangamax

... and Bertie is one happy Biog to see himself in print  :D

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Colin YNWA

There are so many levels of wonderful in that photo I can't even begin to list them.

Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Mattofthespurs

Ordered the special edition.
Hopefully it might arrive today.

Dash Decent

Looking good!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Hawkmumbler

I'll be nabbing a copy at TB, but by jasus thats a pretty thing!

Daveycandlish

Got mine today. That's my weekend sorted.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Mattofthespurs

Mattofthespurs

Pyroxian

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 06 November, 2015, 11:33:26 AM
Nope...  :'(

Bloody postman  :(

Fingers crossed for tomorrow then? It's worth the wait...

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Pyroxian on 06 November, 2015, 02:08:46 PM
Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 06 November, 2015, 11:33:26 AM
Nope...  :'(

Bloody postman  :(

Fingers crossed for tomorrow then? It's worth the wait...

I can wait. Ordered the bloody thing a month or so ago anyway.
I'm sure it will be brilliant when it arrives  :D

Tjm86

Got mine yesterday.  Went with Amazon when they announced the Special Edition was only a reprint of the Poster Prog which I already had.  Had it been a signed / limited edition Gibbons print I would have been in there like a shot.  It is gorgeous mind.  This plus the next two Mega collection books are my weekend reading (when I can find 30 seconds in between all the bloody planning I need to get sorted for next week!)

Steve Green

Mine's just turned up, and it is lovely.

Well done to the team for putting it together!

Mattofthespurs

Now you are all just taking the piss...  ;)

Jamie1000013

I am relatively new to 2000ad started reading from prog 1900 and meg 350. so I've never read Dan Dare  but this looked really interesting, is it worth reading? I read Dan Dare in the 2000ad FCBD 2015 issue and really enjoyed it so I am tempted to pick it up. Is the FCBD Dan Dare in this volume or was it a stand alone new strip?

Tjm86

Quote from: Jamie1000013 on 08 November, 2015, 12:58:43 PM
Is the FCBD Dan Dare in this volume or was it a stand alone new strip?

It is.  I think they put that in as a demo to whet the appetite. 

It is worth reading for Belardinelli's and Gibbons' art alone.  The stories have stood up reasonably well all things considered.  As with a lot of Dare from the original Eagle, through tooth and the eighties Eagle to the recent Virgin strip there are bits and pieces that stand out better than others and this collection is no exception.  It has to be remembered that this is from the era where it was still aimed more at children than adults and it does show on occasion.  Overall though, especially if you haven't read it before, I'd say go for it.