Main Menu

Dan Dare has landed...

Started by Mangamax, 04 November, 2015, 11:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattofthespurs

Mattofthespurs

Spoke too soon  :P

Dan Dare has arrived via DHL!

First impressions; It's beautiful. Lovely paper and gloriously reproduced. I'm very happy with it.
Couple of minor niggles about the post mag though. Firstly, as previously mentioned, it's folded incorrectly. To be honest this is not a big deal and I re-folded it properly. I like the way it has it's own sleeve at the back too. Second niggle is that it's roughly only 2/3rds of the original size. I think that should have been made clear in the original sales blurb. If I had known this I probably would have gone for the standard edition.
These are minor niggles though. The book itself is a thing of beauty.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 23 November, 2015, 02:15:44 PM
Second niggle is that it's roughly only 2/3rds of the original size. I think that should have been made clear in the original sales blurb. If I had known this I probably would have gone for the standard edition.
These are minor niggles though. The book itself is a thing of beauty.

Yeah I agree with this. I was a little disappointed with the reduced size of the Poster Prog. Overall when you pay an extra fiver, plus £5.99 for postage that you wouldn't have to elsewhere, to wait longer for the product it was a bit of a kick really. It does make for a lovely package and it is a great book, but I'll be very weary of ordering one of the limited editions direct from Rebellion again.

Still better be careful what I say as I'll be assured of having an inflated sense of entitlement before you know it ... and it does still smell great.

Mattofthespurs

Tjm86

Firstly, as previously mentioned, it's folded incorrectly. .... Second niggle is that it's roughly only 2/3rds of the original size. I think that should have been made clear in the original sales blurb. If I had known this I probably would have gone for the standard edition.

It's also worth adding in that the poster prog is a reproduction of one of the colour spreads from the prog rather than an original page.  Specifically the first episode of the Hollow World story. 

Thanks for that .  Glad I went for the standard edition now.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Tjm86 on 23 November, 2015, 04:23:15 PM
Firstly, as previously mentioned, it's folded incorrectly. .... Second niggle is that it's roughly only 2/3rds of the original size. I think that should have been made clear in the original sales blurb. If I had known this I probably would have gone for the standard edition.

It's also worth adding in that the poster prog is a reproduction of one of the colour spreads from the prog rather than an original page.  Specifically the first episode of the Hollow World story. 

Thanks for that .  Glad I went for the standard edition now.

Tis true. I knew that from the off, once having owned the poster mag.

Eamonn Clarke

Have escalated my status to MiffCon 3 and contacted support.
I'm beginning to suspect it may have been eaten by filthy Treens, or possibly the Skool dog.
As any fule doth kno.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 23 November, 2015, 05:47:35 PM
Have escalated my status to MiffCon 3 and contacted support.
I'm beginning to suspect it may have been eaten by filthy Treens, or possibly the Skool dog.
As any fule doth kno.

You can have mine, with poster prog folded correctly, for £500.

A bargain, I say. A bargain.

Yours will be with you by tomorrow I reckon. Those droids are pulling their fingers out...Just...  ;)

COMMANDO FORCES

Thank Grud I went for standard edition, plus I'm also one of the lucky ones with the original sized poster prog.

Mattofthespurs

I've got the original poster prog too.
Trying to support the limited phase of these releases.

Eamonn Clarke

A nice email from the ever helpful Denise droid
But
My copy has apparently not been dispatched yet which rather seems to defeat the point of ordering two months in advance.

Sorry but i can't justify using the online store in future.
Good job i don't want Misty and already have the banned Cursed earth progs.

Eamonn Clarke

The Eagle has landed! (see what i did there? Well it amused me.  ;) )

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 25 November, 2015, 03:42:21 PM
The Eagle has landed! (see what i did there? Well it amused me.  ;) )

Move along, there's nothing to see here  ;)

Glad your copy has arrived.

COMMANDO FORCES

Still nothing in my local comic shop!

COMMANDO FORCES

Still nothing in my local comic shop!

I wonder if it will turn up for Christmas......